so there's the problem: a friend of mine (who currently doesn't have any access to the internet) has to pass an important exam, but he still have to read 2 books, one's "french letters" by eileen fairweather and the other is "don't look back" by sandra chick... and the exam is thursday

the problem is that I can't find ANY information on the books, even short summaries are undiscoverable on the internet. Kudos to everybody who can post a short summary or a link to a summary
In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity
-Hunter Stockton Thompson
Last edited by DoMay at Jun 3, 2008,
Google ftw. If you can't find it there, then these books are not on the internet, and likely don't exist.
The library is calling your friend. You know, that place people went to study before the internet. Yes, they do still exist, hard to believe I know.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by FireandFlames
Sparknotes and Google bring up nothing.

Sorry dude.

And on that note...
Quote by Neillya1
The library is calling your friend. You know, that place people went to study before the internet. Yes, they do still exist, hard to believe I know.

This guy speaks the truth.
"EILEEN FAIRWEATHER French Letters. The Lifes and Loves of Miss Maxine Harrison. Form 4a
London England, The Womenas Press (Livewire), 1987. 1st Paperback Edition, Binding: Softcover, Good. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall Paperback Teenager Maxine has got real problems. She longs for glamour and romance but she's broke, forever on a diet and her best friend has gone to live in Lancashire. Maxine writes to Jean about the unfairness of parents and the meanness of older sisters. And they have a bet on - who'll be the first to get A Real Boyfriend? Jean boasts that Bunsen Burner Pete is a front runner but Maxine lands a dishy French penfriend with gorgeous eyes..Then she sends him a photo of her slimmer, prettier friend, pretending that it's her; and tels him that her bus conductor dad is Head of London Transport. Then he says he's coming to visit. Panic.. . "

All I could find
Quote by Neillya1

yeah, I think that was my friend's first thought but the library doesn't have those books, neither does the bookstore...
No u
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
pinkmonkey ftw!

Edit: nvm, I checked and their not on there...
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Last edited by americablanco at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by DoMay
so there's the problem: a friend of mine (who currently doesn't have any access to the internet) has to pass an important exam, but he still have to read 2 books, one's "french letters" by eileen fearweather and the other is "don't look back" by sandra chick... and the exam is thursday

the problem is that I can't find ANY information on the books, even short summaries are undiscoverable on the internet. Kudos to everybody who can post a short summary or a link to a summary

then i'm sorry, but he is a dumbass.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by DoMay
yeah, I think that was my friend's first thought but the library doesn't have those books, neither does the bookstore...

Clearly they don't exsist then.
So he has two days to study for an exam and he doesn't even have the books?
Call me Batman.
..library?

EDIT: he should of really got the books ALOT earlier than 2 days..yet he expects to pass with no effort up till now? goodluck!
Quote by ShaunDiel
How would a summary help your friend, And why would they or the teacher chose the book if it's practically non-existent?

a summary's better than nothing, and the teacher actually didn't chose the books, they were on a list where they were chosen by my friend (who didn't know at that time that these book are hard to find...)

"EILEEN FAIRWEATHER French Letters. The Lifes and Loves of Miss Maxine Harrison. Form 4a
London England, The Womenas Press (Livewire), 1987. 1st Paperback Edition, Binding: Softcover, Good. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall Paperback Teenager Maxine has got real problems. She longs for glamour and romance but she's broke, forever on a diet and her best friend has gone to live in Lancashire. Maxine writes to Jean about the unfairness of parents and the meanness of older sisters. And they have a bet on - who'll be the first to get A Real Boyfriend? Jean boasts that Bunsen Burner Pete is a front runner but Maxine lands a dishy French penfriend with gorgeous eyes..Then she sends him a photo of her slimmer, prettier friend, pretending that it's her; and tels him that her bus conductor dad is Head of London Transport. Then he says he's coming to visit. Panic.. . "

thx, it's better than nothing
If he hasn't read, and doesn't have, the books he needs for an exam on thursday, he doesn't deserve to pass the exam. Just tell him that.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by monkey_dancer
If he hasn't read, and doesn't have, the books he needs for an exam on thursday, he doesn't deserve to pass the exam. Just tell him that.

exactly my point
yes, i know that it's preety stupid that he haven't read them yet (also he had plenty of time to do it) ... nevertheless I try to help him
Some teachers pick books that are more obscure just so that lazy children won't run to the internet and look up a summary - it's likely that's what's going on here, hence the lack of sparknotes and such.
Quote by DoMay

I really doubt this, you are talking about French Letters by Eileen Fairweather right? It's out of stock at Barnes and Noble but if I'm sure some bookstore carries it in your area.

If he had checked earlier he might have got a copy from the teacher.

edit: I think you've gone above and beyond what most would do in helping your friend. Side note - I think there's a lack of sparknotes because it's kids' book, classified as adolescent ages 12+
Last edited by guitar/bass76 at Jun 3, 2008,
oh, you're right, thx...it's fairweather....
whatever, it's his fault that he haven't looked for the books earlier, asking the pit was just an idea in order to get some information on the books
How's about just going to a shop, and asking if they have it? Borders has every bloody book known to man, and if they don't, they'll order it in for you and have it within maximum of a week.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN