i dunno but that thing looks good... spesh in black
however its basically a thunderbird, which alot of people hate. i wouldnt get it. unless your sure and your into taht sorta thing.
imho fender ftw
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
I heard it sounds really good, I would try it out first though.

I love the black ones look which is weird cause I usually like red...
Product description:
"With a 34" scale length and 1.50" nut width, the new LP Special bass has great balance and is easy to play."

Specs list:
Scale: 34"
Nut Width: 1.65"

Love it, love it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Thunderbirds dont have great upper fret access, and the neck joint gets in the way sometimes i think. But i dont see whats wrong with em, as most bass players dont use T-birds for Jazz or for music with bass like that.
<-------

All you need to know about what I think.

But since I make a habit of answering the questions, I would say it is not REALLY a limited edition. Besides the contradicting specs, nothing seems out of the ordinary for the bass. If it is selling, Epiphone will keep selling them. If the bass doesn't sell, they selling will probably stop.
I really like that red one, actually.

However, the epiphone special guitars are pretty poor, so i'm not endorsing this - I'd say try it or something in the same range in a shop before buying.

The fret access actually looks alright on that...
From what I read this one is better then most epiphones though.

well I can hope.
Epiphone and gibson make bad basses so dont get it.
T-Bird are often only bought for looks and not for sound or comfort.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by thedonutman
If you are even considering a Epiphone/Gibson bas, run away from this forum as fast as you can.

True. I'd sig that if I had space.

As much as I like Stuart Zender's LP tone on Mark Ronson's new album, I doubt a special version would sound that good. Shame...
wow just wow, how about some tonal variety epiphone?

seriously how is it a good idea to just take the bland boring toneless electronics of the thunderbird and slap them in yet another lump of mahogany?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
wow just wow, how about some tonal variety epiphone?

seriously how is it a good idea to just take the bland boring toneless electronics of the thunderbird and slap them in yet another lump of mahogany?

thats exactly what i thought
why not make something with p or j pickups?
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus

Because if Epiphone or Gibson made a good bass the world would implode
I'm all for the looks of the T-bird to be honest, but if they could sort out the neck dive then I'd think about getting one. If the tone is muddy anyway, high frets would sound utter crap, I'd use it for simple rock beats, just for variety.

Hmm, anyone got any info on a Firebird? I may just get the guitar version of the T-bird.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
They're really neck heavy. I've heard of some people putting fishing weights in the body to even out the weight. Don't buy it.

And no, there is NO WAY that epiphone is limited. Limited in quality maybe.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
That Les Paul happens to be a bass that has been around for a long, long, LONG time. There is nothing limeted about it, epiphone has been selling those as long as they have been selling thunderbirds.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by litus

they did that. For a while epi made a Ripper. I guess fan boys didn't like fret access or tonal varity.
The bassist for Rocco Deluca and the Burden has one and he manages a good tone, so I can't imagine it's all bad. Can't see it having good balance, though.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
If it's mahongany, it might be worth it - that's one of the main reasons I don't like epiphone special guitars - they're made of basswood or some pish, and although alot of good guitars are made from basswood, for a les paul it needs to be mahogany i think.
Quote by Gmp211
They're really neck heavy. I've heard of some people putting fishing weights in the body to even out the weight.

*waits for Gibson supporters to talk about how this is not a big deal/acceptable*
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I love Les Paul guitars, but they are heavy guitars. I owned one at one point.

However, like so many other of Epi/Gibson's "take two strings away and viola! its a bass" design decisions, this one seems so misguided.
Quote by creepingjesus73
As much as I like Stuart Zender's LP tone on Mark Ronson's new album, I doubt a special version would sound that good. Shame...

Stuart Zender used a Fender Precision, and has done since 2000, hasn't he?
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Embassy reissue. Start a petition!
That would beat this easily.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by thefitz
*waits for Gibson supporters to talk about how this is not a big deal/acceptable*

Pssshhh. That is an easy sacrifice for the raw awesomeness that is Gibson.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
I think it'd look amazing with two warwick/musicman style humbuckers and a rake of switches for doing singlecoils, out of phase, parrallel etc.
Quote by Jonn0
Hmm, anyone got any info on a Firebird? I may just get the guitar version of the T-bird.

Firebirds are actually very awesome guitars. Warren Haynes from Gov't uses one and so does Johnny Winter. Very nice warm sound.
Quote by Nutter_101

Yes, although I believe he used a Jazz for some tracks on the Mark Ronson album too.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by the humanity
Embassy reissue. Start a petition!
That would beat this easily.

Umm... Isnt the Embassy out still? My local shop (which is filled with epi/Gibson basses, one being a 5 string Gibson t bird which has been in there for at least a year) has 2 I believe and MF is pushing a pack with one in the new catalouge.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by Nutter_101

Check the current edition of Guitar+Bass mag for the Zender interview. And pics of his LP bass.

The Embassy they've released now bears no resemblance to the early 60's Embassy I posted on the 'Gibson SG bass' thread. That's one Epi I'm not sticking up for...

Quote by anarkee
..."take two strings away and viola! its a bass"

That'll be the rare EB-1 derivative that's the butt of many jokes in the orchestra pit, then?
Quote by creepingjesus73

That'll be the rare EB-1 derivative that's the butt of many jokes in the orchestra pit, then?

Yeah yeah Neil, make fun of the moddess lack of ability to spell correctly. I think I slept through spelling in grammar school.

But that was a good comeback
Looks suspiciously like a Guitar Hero III Cash-in to me. I'd say play it before you pay it, because I ain't so sure that'd be a good idea, as an Epiphone Special usually means cheap, tacky, and suspect quality - Look at the SG special and LP Special II from the guitars. Try it out first.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
well, if nothing else, it LOOKS like it has better upper fret access than a T-Bird...
Moser Custom Shop 5-string Scimitar
Moser Arachnid
Fender Jazz MIM
Digitech Bass Driver
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Genz Benz GBE750
Genz Benz GB410T-XB2
This 'looks' fairly nice. But I expect it to be bad, I still have nightmares from when I tried a T-bird the other day. Lets just hope epi havent kept up the usual work of making there basses extra-shoddy.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206