....the actual differences between a standard Epiphone Les Paul and a classic Les Paul? I have a standard and my mate has a classic and to be honest, the finish on the orange just looks brighter on his than on mine - that's all i can see =/ So, can anyone give me any specifics? Thanks
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
Quote by edgespear
....the actual differences between a standard Epiphone Les Paul and a classic Les Paul? I have a standard and my mate has a classic and to be honest, the finish on the orange just looks brighter on his than on mine - that's all i can see =/ So, can anyone give me any specifics? Thanks

Are they both Epiphones or is your friend's a Gibson?
They're both Epiphones
Quote by Jackolas

Gear:
They're both Epiphones; one is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, the other is an Epiphone Les Paul Classic. Both Sunburst finishes, 22frets etc. (Sunburst cherry i think thats what you call it - orange in the middle to red outside)
Quote by Jackolas

Gear:
Must've mixed the dye wrong at the plant or they changed dye formulas then.
Lol yeah, but i want like a list of how they differ, like Y'know how the slash custom models have different size/shape necks and pick ups etc. I was wondering if there is any real difference like that between them?
Quote by Jackolas

Gear:
Not really, just in the maple cap. Standards will usually have a plain maple cap and classics usually (not always though) have a quilted maple cap. Totally aesthetic.