a DigiTech Whammy Pedal OR a Rocktron Banshee Talk Box

i have to pick one to ask for on my birthday
Personally i would go for the talk box, i think they are great, good to get a unique style from
i have an epi les paul, digitech rp250 multieffects pedal, and a line 6 spyder II...no comments please
wouldn't you rather get a better amp though?
it just seems you'd like it a lot more.
a talk box you also have to have a mic and a PA so theres a little more to it than just the pedal.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
If I had the choice, I'd get the talk box instead of the whammy, but that's just my opinion. I really want a talk box, and I don't think I would use a whammy that much.

However...

For the amount of use you'll get out of it, go for the whammy. The talk box is a really cool, unique novelty, but its nothing more than that, a novelty. The whammy pedal has much more use, function, and variability in what it can do. You could even use it in every song, whereas using a talk box in every song would quickly wear out the coolness of it.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by kshelt76
If I had the choice, I'd get the talk box instead of the whammy, but that's just my opinion. I really want a talk box, and I don't think I would use a whammy that much.

However...

For the amount of use you'll get out of it, go for the whammy. The talk box is a really cool, unique novelty, but its nothing more than that, a novelty. The whammy pedal has much more use, function, and variability in what it can do. You could even use it in every song, whereas using a talk box in every song would quickly wear out the coolness of it.

What he said. Also, take into account the mic and PA system you have to have with a talkbox (like someone said). I think the hassle will outweight the good things a little bit.

Of course I think you might want to invest in a better amp, but that's not what you wanted to hear so.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.