In some guitars the keyboard has a white part

like this dkmg.

you see the the keyboard is surrounded with a white line. what is it? i see some guitars have it some dont... or is it a really stupid question
its a fret board and thats binding

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
It's called binding. Mainly it's an aesthetic thing, but some people claim they can feel the difference between a bound/un-bound neck.

PS, it's called a "fretboard", just a little fyi.
boy was i confused as i was opening this thread..
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Binding is also useful for protecting the guitar if you accidentally bump it against something. It's much easier to dent wood then most bindings.
woah i played the non-trem version of that guitar. was fukin siiiick!!

and its neck binding. looks cool and what above me said.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
i wish my kelly had neck binding. personally i prefer it because i like the feel of it when im moving up the fret board rather then unbound
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join