Hockey>>>>Baseball..

BASEBALL
A certain red sox pitcher who put RED DYE on his sock to stimulate blood!!

HOCKEY
Cup final, team is down, player who had his nose broken less than a week before takes a HARD slapshot to the face, destroying his nose. Comes back 20 minutes later, **STILL** dives down to block a slapshot

Can you imagine people injured like Malone coming back in the NBA? Kobe breaking his nose, getting stitches, coming back? Did you see Drury in the game vs Pitts where his face looked like he was attacked by a tiger and yet he continued to play? Can you imagine precious little Derek Jetter requiring 60 stitches and still playing?

And hockey fans whine that we are making the sport "girly" (See references to tutus and dresses).

Video of ryan malone taking slapshot to face:: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGhUbYQKieg

Some rugby injuries put Hockey to shame:

Buck Shelford played for New Zealand, in an international match against France he got involved in a particularly aggressive ruck, he got studded and lost 4 teeth, his scrotum also got ripped open and his testicles were hanging out. He waddled off, got stitched up in the changing rooms, came back on and then got given a concussion at which point he had to be taken off.

That beats a broken nose.
Yea hockey players are playing like 100 games a year. How many does a rugby player play?

I'll always say hockey players are the toughest bastards around. Followed CLOSELY by Rugby players
Quote by styphon

BASEBALL

1) This is not a complete thought/sentence. Re-attend first grade.
2) The word you're looking for is "simulate"
3) No, Curt Schilling did not put red dye in his sock to simulate blood.
4) Please shut the fuck up.
Quote by rcw110131
1) This is not a complete thought/sentence. Re-attend first grade.
2) The word you're looking for is "simulate"
3) No, Curt Schilling did not put red dye in his sock to simulate blood.
4) Please shut the fuck up.

But in the end....baseball players are still complete wuses.
Quote by ma)(payne

How true, almost as pansy as NBA players.
Maybe because those in other sports don't want to die? I mean why risk so much for a sport, I don't think any of us would risk that much for our jobs, same thing. They do have a life to live other than the sport.
*shrugs shoulders*

Okay, good boy, ice-hockey is a very tough sport..

I like to watch hockey, but I also like baseball.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
And the images, I distinctly remember Darren Fox playing rugby (For Northampton Saints) when he had a huge cut at the top of his head, his face was literally covered in blood.
Rugby league you get dislocations, pop em back in and carry on, broken noses? stick a bandage around your face and carry on.

Union is the same too
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by flame843
In any case both the Penguins and the Red Wings are playing some impressive hockey lately. Although I'd like to se the Pens win as a Pittsburgher.

Yeah, last night's game was just incredible. Sykora was really a life saver.
Quote by styphon
Hockey>>>>Baseball..

BASEBALL

HOCKEY
Cup final, team is down, player who had his nose broken less than a week before takes a HARD slapshot to the face, destroying his nose. Comes back 20 minutes later, **STILL** dives down to block a slapshot

Can you imagine people injured like Malone coming back in the NBA? Kobe breaking his nose, getting stitches, coming back? Did you see Drury in the game vs Pitts where his face looked like he was attacked by a tiger and yet he continued to play? Can you imagine precious little Derek Jetter requiring 60 stitches and still playing?

And hockey fans whine that we are making the sport "girly" (See references to tutus and dresses).

Video of ryan malone taking slapshot to face:: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGhUbYQKieg

+elevendy-two
Quote by ma)(payne

To be fair, baseball players play a schedule of 163 games. While the sport itself isn't as demanding (except for maybe pitchers or designated hitters), they only get 1-2 days at most off every two weeks. No time to celebrate wins, no time to recover from loses, you just have to keep playing.

Tons of American Football players play on injuries too.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
because you compare it to baseball... ooh, really tough there
what's next? comparing it to golf?
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by sugar_daddy
Dominoes > all sport.

n00b

THIS owns.
Hockey's the only sport for me, they really are caring on and off the ice, unlike football etc.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Motorsports piss all over any other sport.

Alex Zanardi lost both legs above the knee and was back racing within 18 months. He's even won in the WTCC since then.

Or Niki Lauda being burned so badly he was even read the last rites. Six weeks later he was racing again, on his way to 2 more world titles.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Ice Hockey

The Sport which is also a fight!

Hurling is A LOT better than hockey

Its a mans sport

MENERGY!
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Humpcatting > All Sports

Seriously though, i agree with the TS. When a sport like hockey, which is already one of the most physical sports, goes for 100+ minutes. It's the most badass sport created

Also,

GO PENS!!!!
Can we stop all this ridiculous "wah my sport is harder" love the sport for the sport itself not for how "tough" the competitors are.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
If anything, the TS proves how hockey < other sports.
I try not to generalize, but Christ, are all hockey fanboys this ****ing stupid?

Quote by blynd_snyper
Some rugby injuries put Hockey to shame:

Buck Shelford played for New Zealand, in an international match against France he got involved in a particularly aggressive ruck, he got studded and lost 4 teeth, his scrotum also got ripped open and his testicles were hanging out. He waddled off, got stitched up in the changing rooms, came back on and then got given a concussion at which point he had to be taken off.

That beats a broken nose.

Just in case you missed it.

"Roughly 20 minutes into the match, he was caught at the bottom of a rather aggressive ruck, and an errant French boot found its way into Shelford's groin, somehow ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free. He also lost four teeth in the process. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field before a blow to his head left him concussed. He was substituted and watched the remainder of the game from the grandstand"

Yeah, the broken nose seems so horrific doesn't it?
Last edited by FelixJZ at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by FelixJZ
If anything, the TS proves how hockey < other sports.
I try not to generalize, but Christ, are all hockey fanboys this ****ing stupid?

Just in case you missed it.

"Roughly 20 minutes into the match, he was caught at the bottom of a rather aggressive ruck, and an errant French boot found its way into Shelford's groin, somehow ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free. He also lost four teeth in the process. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field before a blow to his head left him concussed. He was substituted and watched the remainder of the game from the grandstand"

Yeah, the broken nose seems so horrific doesn't it?

paper scrotum ftl
Quote by ma)(payne

I am willing to bet a lot of money that any player in MLB could kick your ass.
<Han> I love Hitler
i went to a fight once and it erupted into a hockey game.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by HaKattack
I am willing to bet a lot of money that any player in MLB could kick your ass.

maybe but not the point though....

im willing to bet money that ryan malone, only cause he is the featured player in this thread, could kick any MLB player's ass.
wait... are you basing how good a sport is by its "manliness"? ... ...
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive