So there is this guy in my class, who is really, really "dumb". He asks the worst questions, sometimes which have nothing to do with the discussion. However, he presented an interesting question today; if you couldn't talk, naturally, or due to and injury (for example, you were in a car crash and you somehow slit your throat), could you text the hospital on your cell phone to call an ambulance?
I was wondering about his all day, because you can text some home phones now...
Any thoughts?
Good luck texting with your throat slit
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Yes.
But not if you lose your ****ing fingers in the crash
*hopes no one notices lack-of-sig*

o noez !
we've been spotted.
ruuuuuuuun

my username was a mistake

get used to it.
hmm i'm thinking someone should try this and let me know how they get on, i would but i don't wanna be arrested tonight
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

uhhh if I were in a car crash serious enough to injure me so that i couldn't even talk, I don't think i would have the will to get out out my cell phone and going through the long process of texting the hospital. and actually I think it would make more sense to text 911, not the hospital
you don't have to have a slit throat..

all you need is your teeth knocked out, your tongue mangled or cut, your ribs broken etc.

yes I do think you should be able to do that
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
i think you can text someone to dial 911 for you...but that might take too long.

maybe if you just dial the emergency number and make gurgling sounds for them they'll see that youre hurt and track the number down for you.
I don't know about texting, but maybe you could just dial 911? I don't think you'd have to say anything to get them to send an ambulance; unless they thought it was a prank call or something...
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by One on Sunday
i think you can text someone to dial 911 for you...but that might take too long.

maybe if you just dial the emergency number and make gurgling sounds for them they'll see that youre hurt and track the number down for you.

Or they may think you're taking the piss... :P
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
best to dial 911 and scream the loudest you can

only a cold-hearted idiot would ignore that
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Quote by rocka_boy
Yes.
But not if you lose your ****ing fingers in the crash

Have fun trying to call the emergency services then.
Yea, quite 'wise' problem.. I just wonder how long it'll take to bleed to death with slitted throat. Propably enough to type: "Help, I've crushed into a tree, my throat is beei... Ah, **** it anyway."
I swear I've seen this exact thread before. When I hovered over it I thought "Someone brought this thread back from the dead"

Deja vu?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by metaldud536
If you can, send this:
"Hlp! my pokemanz fainted"

Well, either way you're ending up at the Pokemon Center if your out of usable pokemon.
Quote by metaldud536
If you can, send this:
"Hlp! my pokemanz fainted"

THAT is FANTASTIC!!!
Deja vu?

Yes, it's THEM. They're coming right after you .
Quote by TooFast
I swear I've seen this exact thread before. When I hovered over it I thought "Someone brought this thread back from the dead"

Deja vu?

Hmmm.... this guy definately wasn't a pit monkey...
Quote by sleepwalker16
Good luck texting with your throat slit

"plz hlp thrt slt. snd amb-*dies*"

Quote by SRX700
I don't know about texting, but maybe you could just dial 911? I don't think you'd have to say anything to get them to send an ambulance; unless they thought it was a prank call or something...

Umm....how about WHERE YOU ARE?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by DerekDudage
Well, either way you're ending up at the Pokemon Center if your out of usable pokemon.

If you black out. You'll loose 50 % of your money though and wind up at the latest visited pokemon center.
This is why I make sure I am able to say my location in Morse code by clicking my tongue at all times.

No I don't think you could do this. They'd need to have a cell phone and I assume that emergency lines use regular pluggy-inny style phones.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA