K, so this is a list of examples.
Hay there Delilah
Reptilia
Monsters (The intro)
Wake me up when September ends (Intro)
My name is Jonas

I've only been playing for 3 days and this is pretty much all I can do. I'm still learning my notes, frets and all I can read are tabs. Does anyone have any suggestions for simple songs?

Thank you very much!
Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas (Main Riff)

Dust In the Wind - Kansas (A little tougher, fingerpicked)

Across the Universe - Beatles (Intro, Verses and chorus use barre chords)

Ohio - Neil Young ( Alternative tuning)

Say It Ain't So - Weezer (Solo is very easy, Intro Riff requires barre chord fingerings)

Float On - Modest Mouse

Wonderwall - Oasis (Requires capo)

Message In a Bottle - The Police (A challenge for new guitar players, it'll make you stretch!)

Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Hope that helps (Song Name - Band Name)
If you're learning on an electric guitar, one of the first songs I learned was Journey's "Any Way You Want It".
A good first song to learn on acoustic guitar is "Desert Song" by My Chemical Romance(it looks like you might like some of their stuff by your music tastes).
You're doing well for 3 days if you can play all that, keep it up =]
"I've taken myself to the edges of life my way. And I'm still here."
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas (Main Riff)

Dust In the Wind - Kansas (A little tougher, fingerpicked)

Across the Universe - Beatles (Intro, Verses and chorus use barre chords)

Ohio - Neil Young ( Alternative tuning)

Say It Ain't So - Weezer (Solo is very easy, Intro Riff requires barre chord fingerings)

Float On - Modest Mouse

Wonderwall - Oasis (Requires capo)

Message In a Bottle - The Police (A challenge for new guitar players, it'll make you stretch!)

Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Hope that helps (Song Name - Band Name)

Wow! That was WAY helpful. All songs that are similar but with teach me new things. I appreciate that so much!

EpicOblivion: I'm learning on an electric guitar. And thanks.
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit, very easy song
Any ramones song
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit, very easy song
Any ramones song

x2

The third thing I ever learned worthwhile on my guitar.

If you want me to reccomend some things to start out with, here are the first few things I learned when I first started (in order lol)

Tangerine by Led Zeppelin (solo)

Heart Full of Soul by the Yardbirds (solo)

Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (solo)

Around the ending of the first month or beginning of the second I was moving up to cooler songs like Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold and Enter Sandman.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Teen Spirit can actually prove to be difficult for some just starting out due to the strumming rhythm and muting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgI-NeKxSfw&feature=related

Anything this guy teaches in his videos are priceless golden for beginners. I learned a ton of stuff from these videos. This guy is the most amazing teacher I've seen for beginners and he should start charging lol. Seriously check it out. This is how i learned my beginner stuff.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgI-NeKxSfw&feature=related

Anything this guy teaches in his videos are priceless golden for beginners. I learned a ton of stuff from these videos. This guy is the most amazing teacher I've seen for beginners and he should start charging lol. Seriously check it out. This is how i learned my beginner stuff.

Thank you for that! Those are very helpful! ^___^
Posted this in another thread, but it's a good list:

I'm no expert, but songs that came easily to me that are fun to play and sound good would include (Only through to the chord before the darkness parts) One, Nothing Else Matters, ...And Justice for All, and (rhythm) Fade To Black - Metallica, In Bloom - Nirvana, (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult (Takes a while - it's a fast tempo [for me at least]), (rhythm) Gimme Shelter and (lead or rhythm) Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones, Ironman (I think every guitarist has played this at one point) - Black Sabbath, (THE INTRO of) Green Grass & High Tides - The Outlaws, Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi, Exo-Politics and Supermassive Black Hole - Muse, (rhythm) Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne, and Welcome Home - Coheed & Cambria.

Hope this helps, and have fun.
Quote by Snap017
Posted this in another thread, but it's a good list:

I'm no expert, but songs that came easily to me that are fun to play and sound good would include (Only through to the chord before the darkness parts) One, Nothing Else Matters, ...And Justice for All, and (rhythm) Fade To Black - Metallica, In Bloom - Nirvana, (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult (Takes a while - it's a fast tempo [for me at least]), (rhythm) Gimme Shelter and (lead or rhythm) Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones, Ironman (I think every guitarist has played this at one point) - Black Sabbath, (THE INTRO of) Green Grass & High Tides - The Outlaws, Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi, Exo-Politics and Supermassive Black Hole - Muse, (rhythm) Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne, and Welcome Home - Coheed & Cambria.

Hope this helps, and have fun.

Wow. That's also a great list! Thanks. :] And I know most of those songs. lol
Quote by ashgray
Seeing as your just started a few days ago, learning a few scales will be helpful later on down the road. You can find most of what you'll ever need here:

http://gosk.com/scales/

What do you do with the scales? All I see is a bunch of dots.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
How about you look at the Beginner songs program that Logz, me and other users maintain for the benefit of people like yourself.

**See the stickies**
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by bartdevil_metal
How about you look at the Beginner songs program that Logz, me and other users maintain for the benefit of people like yourself.

**See the stickies**

Thank you. I thought I looked through the stickies.... I have lots of tabs open, must have been the wrong ones. D:
oy staind outside is a good one for learnin barre types . broken by seether . good riddance by greenday . nutshell by alice in chains (rhythms easy , solo dunno about ) running blind by godsmack , running away by hoobastank . hope those help .
hukked in fonix werked fer I
the intro to breaking the law by judas priest and sign of the cross by iron maiden are easy as anything, they dont require chors either, so theyre not THE MOST helpful songs to learn, but it doesnt hurt to get a greater repetoire up and running

also 'the thin line between love and hate' by iron maiden is good, easy, but uses more than just 3 strings, and has chords further into it, great beginner song
Quote by bartdevil_metal

**See the stickies**

This.
Been away, am back