I've been looking at the Vintage VRS100 recently and on this YouTube demo it mentions that it comes with a fixed/wrap over bridge option (2:31 secs on the video)... what does that mean?

Thanks.

By the way, here's the main web page for this guitar.
It means that the bridge can only be adjusted for string height there are no individual saddles that you can adjust intonation with. The position of the bridge on the body is fixed . Wrap around refers to the way the strings go on and around the bridge.
I have the vr100lm and I find it quite comfortable under my palm especially compared to the PRS or Ibanez version of the same bridge.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
It means that the bridge can only be adjusted for string height there are no individual saddles that you can adjust intonation with.

Is that generally an indication that this make of guitar has good intonation so there's no need to adjust?
you will still have to adjust the intonation but not in the same way you adjust other bridges.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
With wraparound bridges you feed the string through the bottom of the bridge and wrap it around the top. Wraparound bridges are generally said to have amazing sustain.

Here's a picture to show it. I know, I'm the next Picasso.
^ artist in the making.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Wrap around bridges are like a tune-o-matic and stopbar combined into one pice of metal. It's a stopbar with little ridges across the top, there's very little flexibility for intonation, but the pay off is it gives better sustain than any other type of bridge, even better than tune-o-matic/string-thru bridges.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
If you rest your hand on a wrap over bridge, does it have the effect of muting the strings at all?
There are some one piece wrap around bridges with individual saddles. Some even come with fine tuners. The one Iommi has on his guitar is like this.
Quote by geetarmanic
If you rest your hand on a wrap over bridge, does it have the effect of muting the strings at all?

It does on my PRS SE, that's why I don't do it.
No none of the TOM or wrap around have individual saddle height adjustment. Just the bulk adjust with the 2 stud screws.
He asked about string HEIGHT. The intonation is adjustable on this one ^^^. But cant adjust each strings height like a strat.