Quote by Deagle-Eyes
But the fact that it has a low open E string, doesn't it affect the chord name?
A5/E

It is my opinion that a significant part of a sus chord wanting to resolve is the interval between the 4 and 5. Without B in that chord, the resolution to E is not as strong, so I would consider it A5 with the 5th in the bass.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
A5/E

It is my opinion that a significant part of a sus chord wanting to resolve is the interval between the 4 and 5. Without B in that chord, the resolution to E is not as strong, so I would consider it A5 with the 5th in the bass.

Or you could just say A5.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by :-D
She gave an explanation for the correct name, which is A5/E.

Your problem with this is?

I have no problem. I gave an alternative.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Quote by branny1982
^It is not an alternative. Yours is the same chord with less information given.

Personally, when there is tab present i never give the slash..... because why would you need it?

I meant alternative in the sense that I left out the slash. I am perfectly aware that its the same chord.