I have a tube amp since February (this year). Brand new Laney VC-15 110. I had a rehearsal on Saturday, 5 hours of playing without turning my amp off... it's like every weekend... almost... so I play a lot on a cranked amp. On Sunday We also had a rehearsal... I turned my amp on, just as always... I hit the strings and nothing happened. At first I thought that it might be my WH-10 or another effect... but when I linked the guitar with my amp nothing happened again. When I turned the volume on 10 I could barely hear my guitar... very overdriven sound but also very quite.
I saw on the back that one of the valves (V1) doesn't light as much as the others (I'm not sure of that actually). So is it a tube problem or something else? What do You think?
Thanks, have a nice day.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Quote by Karol1701
I have a tube amp since February (this year). Brand new Laney VC-15 110. I had a rehearsal on Saturday, 5 hours of playing without turning my amp off... it's like every weekend... almost... so I play a lot on a cranked amp. On Sunday We also had a rehearsal... I turned my amp on, just as always... I hit the strings and nothing happened. At first I thought that it might be my WH-10 or another effect... but when I linked the guitar with my amp nothing happened again. When I turned the volume on 10 I could barely hear my guitar... very overdriven sound but also very quite.
I saw on the back that one of the valves (V1) doesn't light as much as the others (I'm not sure of that actually). So is it a tube problem or something else? What do You think?
Thanks, have a nice day.

had to slip it in there didnt you?

it might be a tube, yea. you could posssssibly switch the tubes round and see if it solved it, then you could be sure.

dont take my word on that though
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Well I'm not a massive tube genius but that does sound like a tube problem
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
^ Power?! My power tubes are fine from what I saw... (I have my amp in my band's rehearsal room so I can't see it now...) they're lighting... very much...

had to slip it in there didnt you?

yeahhh
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Quote by Karol1701
^ Power?! My power tubes are fine from what I saw... (I have my amp in my band's rehearsal room so I can't see it now...) they're lighting... very much...

yeahhh

arent your preamp tubes in little silver holders?
Should be your powertubes, the preamp tubes are in the metal whatsits that Stevo mentioned.

Quote by Horlicks
Check all the guitar knobs too.

Oh come on.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
yeah, they are in metal things but I can see the light from them... and the first one (V1) is too dark I think. Power tubes are very light so idk... I thought that when the tube is dead then it shouldn't light... and... I've already bought new preamp tubes because I thought this is my problem...
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
A dead power tube can do a couple things: It might not light up, might light up a different color, might burn very bright, might flicker, or it might do some odd combination.
It might be your tubes, or it might even just be that the input jack or tube sockets need cleaning. My amp's volume would go all over the place for a while, I thought my power tubes were dead but I gave the tube sockets a good going over with some contact cleaner and it's been fine since.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
My power tubes always light on blue at first and then normally - orange. It's the same since I have this problem.
^^man... are You 100% sure that it's power amp tube's fault?
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
...What tubes did you buy?

And mehh, could be a whole bunch of things. See what the new ones do.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
You're issue sounds the same to the problem I've been having with the second input of my LC15R so it could be an input socket issue. If I wiggle the cable in the socket a little sometimes it "catches" in the socket and works correctly. It might be worth trying to see if that's your issue.
Quote by Karol1701
My power tubes always light on blue at first and then normally - orange. It's the same since I have this problem.
^^man... are You 100% sure that it's power amp tube's fault?

i wish mine were blue
^ what does it mean when they're blue?
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic