Soooooooo, (to all those UK users) I'm on the dole due to unforeseen circumcises. I am 18 and heve never had a job before, I have been looking at jobs at the job centre but non of the employers will employ people with no experience. Therefore I am looking at voluntary jobs. However, I will still get my dole money. In my town there is a newly built recording studio which needs volunteers to help with stuff. Does anyone have any experience working at a recording studio??? Thanks.
Quote by irnbrurules
Soooooooo, (to all those UK users) I'm on the dole due to unforeseen circumcises. I am 18 and heve never had a job before, I have been looking at jobs at the job centre but non of the employers will employ people with no experience. Therefore I am looking at voluntary jobs. However, I will still get my dole money. In my town there is a newly built recording studio which needs volunteers to help with stuff. Does anyone have any experience working at a recording studio??? Thanks.

If by some miracle you get in, it'll probably be for cleaning or something. I'm not even sure if you'd have the chance to work your way up to something better.
Quote by lolcats
If by some miracle you get in, it'll probably be for cleaning or something. I'm not even sure if you'd have the chance to work your way up to something better.

Damn.
I just need at least some experience before I apply for a different/better job which needs people with experience. I do have 11 GCSE'S and 3 A-Levels and 3 AS Levels.
Quote by irnbrurules
Damn.
I just need at least some experience before I apply for a different/better job which needs people with experience. I do have 11 GCSE'S and 3 A-Levels and 3 AS Levels.

While that's all fine and dandy, why do you think that exams would make you seem more qualified to handle recording equipment? It's all down to experience, if I were you, I'd try and get a menial job, be nice to your employers - without being a sycophant - and hope that your knowledge of music (if you have any) will help you get in on the good jobs.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I worked in one for a week.

Most boring job ever.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by irnbrurules
Damn.

You could try talking to small studios and see if they'll take on a newbie, but chances are, most will be too busy recording to have some guy sitting in the booth with them asking them stupid questions.

Good luck though.
Scumbag.

Get a real job, McDonalds are always hiring aren't they? Or are they too good for you?
Quote by Novacane...
Scumbag.

Get a real job, McDonalds are always hiring aren't they? Or are they too good for you?

Are you just jealous because you work there and get minimum wage?

TS, good luck, working in a recording studio can't be that bad.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by pancakes
Are you just jealous because you work there and get minimum wage?

TS, good luck, working in a recording studio can't be that bad.

Ummm......I guess it didn't sound like a joke to anyone but me.
Quote by Novacane...
Ummm......I guess it didn't sound like a joke to anyone but me.

Hahahaa, sarcasm doesn't work so well over the interwebs.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by pancakes
Hahahaa, sarcasm doesn't work so well over the interwebs.
Only if you do something like:

/end sarcasm

Yeh.