Has anybody ever thought of doing that? If anybody actually has, does it sound louder? I've got a bass amp, and I was looking at it and I was just wondering if it would sound louder or crappier. Just a thought I suppose.
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Remember kids, solid state half stack=penis extension.

Quote by PatchworkMan
I have no idea when the world is going to end, and anyone who says he does is a cook.

Quote by smb
Those chefs can't be trusted.

"We're like...'Riding a dragon over fields of lava' epic!"
If you're talking about the grill cloth/cover, it won't change the sound. It's just a thin piece of cloth/material that keeps stuff off the speaker.
hmm, alright, thanks. Didn't wanna try that out and end up screwing myself over, haha.
Quote by Pyrofretnic
Remember kids, solid state half stack=penis extension.

Quote by PatchworkMan
I have no idea when the world is going to end, and anyone who says he does is a cook.

Quote by smb
Those chefs can't be trusted.

"We're like...'Riding a dragon over fields of lava' epic!"
The amp itself or the speakers? You probably mean speakers and no, no difference really, its just there for some protection.
yeah ^?

I've taken the cover off my bass amp before so the speaker showed.. was easy to pull off since had a little thing connected to the cover to pull..
but yeah.. I didn't really notice a difference in sound but it was a long time ago.

One time I had an amp sitting out in the garage elevated at an angle and I had some paper laying on it.. had to put it somewhere.. and if I took it off it completely changed the sound.. weird how a thin sheet of paper made the amp so much different sounding.. but yeah.

a cover is thicker :X
Some people think that grill cloths slightly affect the tone (EVH).
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by TechnicolorType

One time I had an amp sitting out in the garage elevated at an angle and I had some paper laying on it.. had to put it somewhere.. and if I took it off it completely changed the sound.. weird how a thin sheet of paper made the amp so much different sounding.. but yeah.

Lift one hand up, then use the other to lift your shirt over your mouth. Now blow. I bet you felt air hitting your hand. Now do the same but with a piece of notebook paper. I'll bet you didn't feel air hitting your hand. Our ears pick up sound as vibrations in the air and by placing the sheet of paper over the speaker, you stopped some of the vibrations from the speaker resulting in a perceived difference in sound.
Quote by TechnicolorType
yeah ^?

I've taken the cover off my bass amp before so the speaker showed.. was easy to pull off since had a little thing connected to the cover to pull..
but yeah.. I didn't really notice a difference in sound but it was a long time ago.

Paper doesn't have holes in it.