Hey guys i really need your help, so if you could... Thank you

I've been told by a friend you can buy a pedal that changes the sound of your tunin' on a guitar. So say i leave my guitar on Standard tunin' & i want to go into Drop D all i have to do is kick the pedal and it changes to the tunin' instead of fiddling about with changing it myself.
I've search'd the interweb, and i can't find anything.

Also....

Are Slides worth buying if you just started playing? I really wanna learn 'Everything' by Buckcherry, but the frets are killing my fingers with the sliding. ):

1 last thing... Colour'd strings. Where would i get them from, if i'm able to. And would a musick shop fit them for me?

Thank youu! "/
hmm well... i dont think theres a pedal that does that but gibson just came out with the robot guitar that will tune the guitar for you. not really that worth it though unless ur playin a gig that requires many differently tuned songs.
1. Don't get coloured strings
2. Punch your friend in the face for being a lying bastard
3. Sure, get a slide, but they're not as easy to use as you think!
a digitech whammy pedal can drop the guitar down a full step.

but it won't sound nearly as good as a guitar that's REALLY dropped a full step.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
^Indeed.

EDIT- To BWB

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

gibson robot guitar... but unless you have the 2379789230789034s of pounds to buy one umm turn those things at the end of the neck..
slides are very bulky in my opinion but the glass ones are not like over bulky, dont get glass unless you have tny fingers, i have one and i cant use it

i really want to know if they do make colored strings and where to get them, and why that one guy said not to get them
It's just common fact to not get coloured string, there was a fairly big thread about it somewhere. Mainly because the colour comes off REALLY quick, and they don't sound anywhere near as good as regular strings. Also by the end they just look like you have really dirty strings
Tell your friend "There's something called tuning pegs, learn to use them."
Quote by :.:BWB:.:
It's just common fact to not get coloured string, there was a fairly big thread about it somewhere. Mainly because the colour comes off REALLY quick, and they don't sound anywhere near as good as regular strings. Also by the end they just look like you have really dirty strings

i did not knwo this thank you, i always wanted to get black strings, now i know i shouldnt, thanks
Someone's in for a slap then. Thanks for telling me

I want multi-color'd strings. Does the paint make them weaker or something?

Doesn't the dude from Paramore use the Robotic Gibson guitar? It's nice, but i can only wish!
If there's a pedal like that I seriously doubt it's worth getting...
Multi-colored strings are probably crap, I would bet that they're really cheap.

And if you really want a guitar that tunes itself, you can pay thousands of dollars for that new Gibson tuning system. =D
"I've taken myself to the edges of life my way. And I'm still here."
Just learn to tune to drop D. It's really not that tough once you know which notes to tune to. I can generally go from standard to drop in about a minute, and honestly I'd rather have the ability then have to rely on a pedal to do it for me. What happens when the pedal breaks?

As far as strings, don't go for gimmicks. If they need to color them, odds are they aren't great strings to begin with.

+1 to BWB. It may seem easy at first, but there's a LOT more to slide then there is even to just regular playing. Imagine it as a fretless guitar, where even the slightest change in angle or position changes the note dramaticly. Pick it up if you like, but don't think you'll be playing effectively in a couple minutes. Talented slide players like John Butler spend years practicing to be able to do that.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
You can get pedals that will shift the pitch of the whole guitar, but not a single string. You can't ask your pedal to change your bottom E down to a D, but leave the rest alone, it doesn't work like that. You could use a pedal to switch between Drop D and Drop C for different songs or from E standard down to D or Eb standard. but you can't change the intervals of the strings relative to one another.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Logz is probably the best mod ever. Hes so great, i want his babies. I know he doesnt want mine, because i am a boy. But I am supa gay.

The guitars I sell are really bad quality so i'd advise against getting anything from me or any other online advertiser.

Get them from quality shops only.

P.S Logz is great.

Logz might have edited this post a bit
^wow, congratulations on account longevity.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Gotta say, the basses are kinda neat, especially the 5-string.

*reported*
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by tomskype
Logz is probably the best mod ever. Hes so great, i want his babies. I know he doesnt want mine, because i am a boy. But I am supa gay.

The guitars I sell are really bad quality so i'd advise against getting anything from me or any other online advertiser.

Get them from quality shops only.

P.S Logz is great.

Logz might have edited this post a bit

-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
1. There are pedals to low the pitch. (Such as E standard down to B standard)
2. I dont think you're thinking of the same sliding.
3. I've seen them, dont know where to get em though.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)