I have tried real ****in hard but cant figure it out. I like Arch enemy, Bodom, Megadeth, etc; Help me out. Im new to this whole thing so i need some tips to get me started. Thanks
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Writing death or thrash lyrics...: Shout Die Mother F**ker a lot.
Think to yourself, "What are some lyrics that a sane adult would shun entirely?"

It really doesn't have to be all that deep. Look at Cannibal Corpse.
if you can write then its easy. if its not easy to you, please spare the world of your potentially ****ty lyrics
HiMyNameIsMatt
i dont like cannibal corpse but i get a laugh or two from them im thinkin along the lines of the bands above
Quote by Godsmack_IV

Quote by CFH82

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
think of it this way "what kind of lyrics would the normal people at my school make fun of" then copy them onto a piece of paper, then present them in an overly annoying, undecodable screaming fashion.
if your gonna flame thrash and death f*ck off and find another thread
Quote by Godsmack_IV

Quote by CFH82

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
To people flaming, **** YOU.

This is no place to be immature and make fun of other genres of music that you don't like so that you can feel superior. I'm sick and tired of people who don't like metal being so damn condescending, and insulting both the music and lyrics. It makes it even worse that I'm a metal vocalist, as well as lyricist, and I am proud of what I do.

Silent Wars by Arch Enemy

This is killing us
Fighting the truth a losing battle
We believe in nothing
Just hatred for each other

Tragic sinister serenade
Twisted melody shatters reality
Dying hopes for a better day
Fragile dreams that break away

No more, no more
This pain must end

We have chosen to suffer
Believe in nothing but...

Hatred is a vicious circle
Betrayal is at hand
Paralysed souls bleeding
Begging for salvation
Deeper and deeper the wounds we cut
The truth burning our flesh
Silent war to set us free
Stigmata of a tragedy

No more, no more
This pain must end

We have chosen to suffer
Feeling nothing but hate
It's eating us up from the inside
Taking our feelings away

Just look at examples like this of your favourite band's lyrics. You don't need to know how to write any certain genre though... You just need to know how to write. Start writing whatever you feel and keep working at it from song to song or even poem to poem as I do as well, and you'll get it.
Quote by Triviumsucks666
if your gonna flame thrash and death f*ck off and find another thread

Then maybe extend people the same courtesy?

Quote by Triviumsucks666
i could help u write real music but not that gay ****

Asshole.
I am disliking all the hate I see towards the genre I like

ON topic though, there is no right or wrong way to write lyrics. "Comes from the heart" some say, which in its own entirety is true to some points, but I was a writer for my old bands songs and I just wrote down what I was either feeling. Be it random, sad, depression, happy, etc. Whatever it is, just write it down, because everyone knows you will forget the most amazing song if you don't write it down!
With thrash and death type music you have to analyze different lyrics of some of your favorite songs and realize the theme and then how they paint the word picture of that theme. I work in the same type of music so heres some of what i've done:

1)Culture/Diversify- Being a musician is great but to be an original musician you need to venture and learn about other topics as well. Read into mythology, history, politics, current issues, read arguments people have in forums about current issues and everything.

2) Emotions/Beliefs- Kind of tying in with one, once you start to learn about various other things you start to build your own opinions on subjects and issues. Then you go an convey such through song. an easy one for example, (Im assuming your from America), so the War In Iraq is a big issue still in the states. You would already have your stance either for or against, then from there you isolate a certain topic to write about whether it be protesters, the governments actions, a certain battle, something else about it that disgusts you. And just concentrate on that, eventually certain words will pop into mind. Write them all down. After a good sized list of like 20 or so look at them and see which ones you can use in vivid imagery. The start to write your lyrics.

3)Impressionism Applications- Goto a museum or google images or something and check out some really vivid pictures and paintings of the topic you chose to write about. From just staring at it you can start to have words and phrases pop into your head which can help you write.
Gear:Schecter C1+
Peavey Triple XXX 120 Watt Tube Head
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Recto Cab

Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stilletto Cab<<--600$ for sale ask me

Credentials: BFA in Theater Performance, BM in Music Composition
Quote by demigod90234
With thrash and death type music you have to analyze different lyrics of some of your favorite songs and realize the theme and then how they paint the word picture of that theme. I work in the same type of music so heres some of what i've done:

1)Culture/Diversify- Being a musician is great but to be an original musician you need to venture and learn about other topics as well. Read into mythology, history, politics, current issues, read arguments people have in forums about current issues and everything.

2) Emotions/Beliefs- Kind of tying in with one, once you start to learn about various other things you start to build your own opinions on subjects and issues. Then you go an convey such through song. an easy one for example, (Im assuming your from America), so the War In Iraq is a big issue still in the states. You would already have your stance either for or against, then from there you isolate a certain topic to write about whether it be protesters, the governments actions, a certain battle, something else about it that disgusts you. And just concentrate on that, eventually certain words will pop into mind. Write them all down. After a good sized list of like 20 or so look at them and see which ones you can use in vivid imagery. The start to write your lyrics.

3)Impressionism Applications- Goto a museum or google images or something and check out some really vivid pictures and paintings of the topic you chose to write about. From just staring at it you can start to have words and phrases pop into your head which can help you write.

Well written I must say
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
Quote by demigod90234

I agree, this is well written and basically explains everything that I would've wanted to as these are the exact same things that I do while writing. It really works.
Just remember what you did to your girlfriend last night................................
Well look at songs like "Hangar 18" or "Hallowed be thy Name"

Quite honestly, I would suggest finding a topic that is rather scary, confusing, or even just weird. Take a look at this excerpt from "Hangar 18" for example...

Foreign life forms inventory
Suspended state of cryogenics
Selective amnesias the story
Believed foretold but whod suspect
The military intelligence
Two words combined that cant make sense

I mean really just take any topic and really delve into it. I personally love the line "selective amnesias the story".

have fun...
Well shit man.
Look at Chuck Schuldiner. Damn man could write some kickass lyrics.
Guitars:
Dean DOA ML 04 #31/50 w/ Dimarzios
Dean ML Knight w/ EMG's
Dean Avalanche w/ EMG's
Jackson DXMGT w/ EMG's
Ibanez RG350M w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzios
Ibanez V Blade w/ Dimarzios
Amps:
Marshall 8100 w/ Marshall Cab
Quote by HAMMETTOWNS
Look at Chuck Schuldiner. Damn man could write some kickass lyrics.

does this remind you of schuldiner? i wrote it to an instrumental track i made.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895880&highlight=nibiru+metal
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Well, Children of Bodom's lyrics are retarded, and make no sense.

My favorite Death metal lyrics are that of Death. For instance, Suicide Machine is about a cocaine addict who, I think, is pregnant. So, the child becomes a cocaine addict. Etc. Chuck has some amazing lyrics, I think.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I write about 80's action movies
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
well..what you do is get really pissed and use a bunch of deep, meaningful words to describe your anger.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
In death metal/ black metal, they both write about death, anti christian, ancient cultures, war, famine, disease, thinking for yourself and myths and legends.

A couple of my favourite bands as examples.

Devildriver mostly have lyrics about old myths and legends, IE their song bound by the moon is about the myth of the werewolves.

Behemoth sings about anti christianism, ancient cultures and myths and legends. Left Hand ov God, Prometherion, inner sanctum, slaves shall serve.

The Faceless, well they sing on disease, death, war and famine. All their songs reflect all those topics.

Hope this Helps, JG