Hi all,

I just did a quick recording of Tool - Vicarious with my Boss GT-10 (got it for a month now).

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sanderd/music/all/play319368

It's not really perfect or anything, but for a first ever recording (apart from some webcam-microphone recorded things) I don't think it's that bad.
Some parts are a little out of sync, mainly because I'm so stressed when recording :p.
Also, it's the first time I'm playing this song since 2/3 months, so there might be a mistake here and there.

Hope to hear some positive reactions, or some constructive criticism is welcome as well

Grtz,
SanderD
Quote by sanderd
Hi all,

I just did a quick recording of Tool - Vicarious with my Boss GT-10 (got it for a month now).

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sanderd/music/all/play319368

It's not really perfect or anything, but for a first ever recording (apart from some webcam-microphone recorded things) I don't think it's that bad.
Some parts are a little out of sync, mainly because I'm so stressed when recording :p.
Also, it's the first time I'm playing this song since 2/3 months, so there might be a mistake here and there.

Hope to hear some positive reactions, or some constructive criticism is welcome as well

Grtz,
SanderD

Is that you playing? If it is, then you have a sick tone dude.
It is me playing, straight from GT-10 into USB.

I roughly based my settings on a txt of Eon Blue Opiate back at bossgtcentral, just adjusted it a bit to fit my gear.

Though, the double track recording filled the tone up a bit, it's maybe a little thinner in person. I'm not finished tweaking it yet, though

Thx for the reply

edit: I'm listening to it again now, one thing I might have forgot to mention is that I couldn't do the feedback because I couldn't turn my amp up loud
Last edited by sanderd at Jun 3, 2008,
Thanks for the MP3-comment as well, dviv17.
To be honest though, at 00:45, I actually missed the note a little on one track maybe I should cut that part out
Quote by sanderd
Thanks for the MP3-comment as well, dviv17.
To be honest though, at 00:45, I actually missed the note a little on one track maybe I should cut that part out

I didn't notice that actually haha. But, I was mainly talking about that great transition in the song you played well.
that sounds really good dude....if you want a backing track to play with let me know!!
Thanks again for the nice comments, lugzz and kc_pod

lugzz: I would be more than interested, as I couldn't find any on guitarbt

I found a few though, but I think those were just MIDI, probably exported from GP, and played through DFH/BFD + a bass sim (like Bornemark Broomstick Bass).
I can do that myself too, I'm looking for something that's recorded by people. There's just no way you can fake human dynamics (especially for bass) with MIDI and some software.
Last edited by sanderd at Jun 4, 2008,