So, on my search for " The Tone" I've decided I need a new amp, at some point.

I was originally looking at the Carr Rambler, really far too expensive but it seems to be everything I wanted in an amp. Then I decided to go cheaper and get a CeriaTone Fender clone, something like the Super or Bandmaster. But then in the last few days I realised I just don't really play all that loud, so it'd probably be a waste to get something of that kind of wattage.

So really what I'm asking for is advice on small-ish (20/25 watts) boutique-ish tube amps. I've come across some ones that sound great, such as the Swart Atomic Space Tone, but all the ones at that wattage seem to be Tweed style, and I'm really looking for something with a bit more headroom. Is there an amp like that out there for me?

P.S. Budget about £600 or less, styles are mostly indie but pretty much anything with a lovely clean sound.

Quote by SugarRush66
Then I decided to go cheaper and get a CeriaTone Fender clone, something like the Super or Bandmaster. But then in the last few days I realised I just don't really play all that loud, so it'd probably be a waste to get something of that kind of wattage.

If you're looking for cleans, you're not obligated to crank the amp all the way up. When I saw your thread title, the Super Reverb is the first amp I thought of. I have a Deluxe Reverb, which is a beautiful little clean amp. but it's a relatively quiet 22W (I've heard louder 15W amps) and wonder if it would be enough for you.

The Super halfway up the dial would probably be great.

The UK probably has some offerings I'm not hip to, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
its not boutique but the fender deluxe reverb is classic. amazing cleans. i dont know how available they are in scotland but you should look into dr. z, more specifically the maz 18.
Fender Hotrod Deluxe? About £600 I believe. They're 40 watts though, but if you're looking for a clean amp, the extra headroom will be useful.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by slatsmania
If you're looking for cleans, you're not obligated to crank the amp all the way up. When I saw your thread title, the Super Reverb is the first amp I thought of. I have a Deluxe Reverb, which is a beautiful little clean amp. but it's a relatively quiet 22W (I've heard louder 15W amps) and wonder if it would be enough for you.

The Super halfway up the dial would probably be great.

The UK probably has some offerings I'm not hip to, though.

Yeah, the Super really appealed to me, a couple of bands I like use them or very similar models. I was just thinking I wanted a bit more volume than a DR, and a bit better quality than the re-issues. As for the wattage I just didn't want to pay for something I wouldn't be using, but if that's the way I have to go then so be it. Just wanted to see if there were smaller options first.

Quote by lilchimp818
its not boutique but the fender deluxe reverb is classic. amazing cleans. i dont know how available they are in scotland but you should look into dr. z, more specifically the maz 18.

As abouve for the DR, stil la good suggestion though. Dr. Z are a bit expensive for me though, if I was going into that range I would probably think about Carr or Victoria instead.

Quote by Yngwi3
Fender Hotrod Deluxe? About £600 I believe. They're 40 watts though, but if you're looking for a clean amp, the extra headroom will be useful.

A little more boutique ideally, but it does seem like a good standby, it was the first tube amp I thought about getting way back a year ago
Personally i'd recommend checking out some of the smaller Matamps like the King Street, although they run at 15 watts. They're all built to order in England, i'm pretty sure the combos would be around your price range.
FWIW, Fender Hot Rods, particularly the 2x12s, can be had cheap used. A GC here let one go for $300. I kind of wish I bought honestly. You can get a lot of bang for your buck out of one, and have one that still makes enough output for it to be gigable w/o a mic if you roll off your volume slightly to keep it clean.