Hey, ive been talking to the guys in my band and we agree i need an amp so that we can play together properly because right now im just using the 2nd input in the lead guitarists amp so my original goal of getting an Orange Rocker maybe out of reach.

I can spend up to 1400 AU and the amps i were looking at were the peavey valveking(995 for the 112), Marshall DSL 401 (1200), Peavel Classic (1295 for 112) and an orange tiny terror plus cab (the head alone is 700). If i were to get the tiny terror and a cab what cab can i get which is inside my price range?????

I mainly play classic rock and blues and play a Fender Strat SSS. So things like GNR, Velvet Revolver and ACDC as well as clapton, cream, SRV and Hendrix. And obviously it needs to be able to be used at home as well as for gigging.

I know these threads are posted constantly and everyone seems to choose the valveking but is it really worth the money ill end up paying for it out here???? thanks a lot
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Either the classic 30 or the orange. The C30 is really good for classic rock and has warm cleans. Don't know about the orange too much, but I've heard it does really well to what you want to play.
Well, if I can suggest something you haven't posted about...Traynor. The YCV 50 Blue is about $720 Canadian. It also has a matching 2x12 cab, which if I remember right is a couple hundred cheaper, perhaps 4-5 hundred. All speakers are Celestion Vintage 30s, arguably the best speakers for classic and harder rock.
ive never seen a traynor in Sydney so they may be hard to find. If i were to get the orange what kind of cab is best to get with it inside my price range?

EDIT: tranor vc50 is 2100AU so way out of my price range.
Gear
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Last edited by les witty at Jun 4, 2008,
bump..
Gear
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Peavey Classic 30. I've got one and it would be great for everything that you play. But look for a used one, mine was 600. And i've heard that the older ones are a bit better built.