I have a triple rectifier AND and ISP decimator noise gate

theres no hum at all until i turn the gain past 60%
slight, but acceptable hum til 70% then it gets louder

i tried dinkin' around with the settings in the front and messing with the threshold on the pedal, but idk it still does it and i want to be able to have that full gain sound without the hum everytime im not playing

is it my pickups maybe? 4 yrs old? i heard you should get new ones every two years
or maybe one of my patchchords is going to ****? i only have 2 and 1 is new, but the other is questionable..

anyone know how to solve this problem?

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
new pickups every two years?
lmao.
tell that to people who play guitars from the 1950's. stock.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
i doubt it could be the tubes. buzzing isn't really a problem associated with them, right?
i'd check your cables, TS. most guitarists cheap out on them and they can really suck the tone out of your rig. if you're using a triple rec you deserve to hear the highest fidelity sound that you can.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
maybe your stood next to the amp with your guitar while your doing it LOL that would make it go buzzzz same goes for if your guitar is close to the amp
Im quite proud of that LOL

Quote by Unreal445
i found it funny that the pit reported it faster than sky news

Beneath The Fallen
Are you running it in front of your amp or in the FX loop?

^ Yes, what he said.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Tubes sometimes get microphonic as they get older. Try using a new set of preamp and power tubes.
i wasnt running it through the fx loop hmmm

BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
Cheap cables are a big cause of noise, or poor signal.

If your SG has single coil dog ear pickups that would be a very likely candidate for 60 cycle hum.

Try plugging into a power strip. Everything involving your guitar should be plugged into the same strip, such as the power adapter for pedals. Or use batteries for your pedals. This can be expensive for some pedals which really burn em up fast, but the amount of noise is greatly reduced.

Your guitar could have a grounding problem, which causes hum all the time, but most noticeable when the gain is up as is the volume.

Turn off appliances you dont need running, lights, or check to see if someone is using the washing machine or microwave or something. I've been in houses where it hums obnoxiously when someone is using the microwave.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
thnx for the help, im gunna try all this right now and i'll update

BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
my recto. (dual) had a buzzing problem a while back it made this annoying hiss and buzz when the volume was turned up to band practice level. it done it on the clean channel and the two dist. channels, tried everything i could think of, and then just broke down and bought all new power and preamp tubes and the problem was solved......there's lots of things that can make hisses buzzes and white noise and 60cycle hum. maybe you should test your tubes to find out how micrphonic they are

(turn the amp on, and very gently tap on the tubes with a pencil or something like that and listen very carefully for any noise coming out of the speakers)
hope that helps