I am doing a massive assignment on Existentialism in philosophy, made up of several different parts. I thought I would use a song in it... so what I am asking is anybody knows any songs that deal with the subject?

Existentialism is essentially in a nutshell, ones creation of a meaning or purpose in life.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
'Existentialism on prom night' by Straylight run ? Im not sure really but i'd assume it'd be worth to have a look at lyrics.

edit: oh wow, beaten to it.
Quote by StonaLemons
'Existentialism on prom night' by Straylight run ? Im not sure really but i'd assume it'd be worth to have a look at lyrics.

edit: oh wow, beaten to it.

I'm not sure how to interpret the lyrics, but i'm more than positive, it's something heavy
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Apparently the lyrics for a lot of songs off Superunknown are existential. At least that's what wiki told me.
uh thats not what existentialism means. lol.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I was hoping for a less, poppy tune. This type of music just kills me inside...

anything else?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by pmeg568c
uh thats not what existentialism means. lol.

Whats not what existentialism means?
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
RUSH.

Freewill?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by IUseAPurplePick

This was the first song I learned on piano. Haven't heard it in ages though.

EDIT: Excluding the rugrats theme song.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
RUSH.

Freewill?

THANK YOU here is no why! that is absolutely excellent. One of my favorite bands, plus it deals with existentialism 100%, that exactly what its about, I appreciate it! thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
dead kennedys - "forward to death"

I don't need your way of life
I can't stand your attitudes
I can do without your strife
I don't need this fucking world

This world brings me down
Gag with every breath
I'm looking forward to death

It seems so unreal to me
So much hate and so much pity
I can't take another day
It's such a bore
It gets me really sore
Gag with every breath
I'm looking forward to death
Looking forward to death
#DTWD
"If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out" By Cat Stevens
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
"If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out" By Cat Stevens

good call (harold + maude ftw).

you guys are picking happy songs about a depressing subject though. existentialism is about boredom, nihilism, dread and alienation.
#DTWD
3rd Planet by Modest Mouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnID8-deKw0

Everything that keeps me together is falling apart,
I've got this thing that I consider my only art of ****ing people over
My boss just quit the job says he's goin' out to find blind spots and he'll do it

The 3rd Planet is sure that they're being watched by an eye in the sky that can't be stopped
When you get to the promise land your gonna shake that eye's hand

Your heart felt good it was drippin' pitch and made of wood
And your hands and knees felt cold and wet on the grass to me

Outside naked, shiverin' looking blue, from the cold sunlight that's reflected off the moon
Baby come angels fly around you
reminding you we used to be three and not just two
And that's how the world began
And that's how the world will end

A 3rd had just been made and we were swimming in the water,
didn't know then was it a son was it a daughter
When it occurred to me that the animals are swimming
around in the water in the oceans in our bodies
and another had been found another ocean on the planet
given that our blood is just like the Atlantic

And how
The universe is shaped exactly like the earth
if you go straight long enough
you'll end up where you were
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by primusfan
good call (harold + maude ftw).

you guys are picking happy songs about a depressing subject though. existentialism is about boredom, nihilism, dread and alienation.

If that is what you think than you do not know what existentialism is. It is NOT nihilism.
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage