I know I shouldn't be asking the Pit this, but I can't tell my parents about it because I'll get in trouble and justwant to make sure this is serious before I blow things out of proportion:

I was boxing today and was doing great. I boxed with an 18 year old who is considerably stronger than me. I jabbed left and hit him in the nose, but he immediately stepped in to my left outside (I'm left-forward) and hit me straight in the left temple with a right hook. It pretty much knocked me out; I fell over and couldn't get up for about 30 seconds, and then everything was dizzy for a while. Now my head is throbbing, and the vision in my left eye is blurring on the left outside of my vision. The color is swirling and I can't see clearly.

Is this temporary? Or is this permanent? I'm really worried about this. I can't call a doctor right now and I don't want to tell my parents yet. I have nowhere else to ask right now. So, for any boxers out there, is this common? I've never been hit this hard in the temple and the resluts are obvious. I just need to know if this blurring of colors is just a part of the mild head trauma I'm having right now, or if this is an eye injury.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
I've never got it when boxing but I have after being punched barehanded, it normally goes within an hour or two for me but if it's been there for a while then I'd go to the doctors.

By the way, how long you been boxing for?
probably will wear off soon
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
It's only temporary. I'd go to a doctor though, and if you are feeling sleepy DO NOT GO TO SLEEP! Go to a medi-center or something.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
it's seems to be pretty serious if you think that there is a doctor in the pit.

no seriously , maybe tomorrow it will get better
Getting hit in the temple can be extremely serious. And this doesn't sound too good. Definitely see a doctor asap...
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I think you should tell someone.

The chances are it's temporary but you can't risk it with head injuries...

Your call bro.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
DanRev: about 1 1/2 years MMA, which I had to quit 6 months ago. This is my 5th time boxing with friends, and I'm usually the best guy here, but then this 18-year old shows up and knowcks me out within 3 minutes. He says he's been fighting for two years.

My head just hurts from the impact, I know that. I can still type and think clearly, and my commonsense is fine. I'm not dizzy or walking strangely, and my parents did not notice that I was hit. The colors aren't swirling anymore, it's just blurry now.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
I know alot of things involving combat sports.

Its always a good idea to go to the hospital when u get KTFO.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
I know alot of things involving combat sports.

Its always a good idea to go to the hospital when u get KTFO.

cool avatar
if it fades by tomorrow, it's fine.
if it's still fuzzy i'd go to a doctor.
Quote by GiantRaven
You are not human.

I am totally serious.

Quote by tilinmyowngrave
I was inspired by someone saying they had Millionaire on their Ipod

he's talking about me!
for the last time the pit doesnt have an MD
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Why would you get in trouble? Call a doctor.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Make another thread. It'll help.

But seriously. Go to a doctor to see what he could give you. He'll say son, you've gone to far. 'Cause smokin' and trippin' is all that you do.
Quote by philipp122
DanRev: about 1 1/2 years MMA, which I had to quit 6 months ago. This is my 5th time boxing with friends, and I'm usually the best guy here, but then this 18-year old shows up and knowcks me out within 3 minutes. He says he's been fighting for two years.

My head just hurts from the impact, I know that. I can still type and think clearly, and my commonsense is fine. I'm not dizzy or walking strangely, and my parents did not notice that I was hit. The colors aren't swirling anymore, it's just blurry now.

Whatever it is, dont let it put you off boxing, it's a ****ing great sport and I wish I still did it.
i wish i knew how to throw a ****in punch. i'm a wrestler, but i wouldn't be able to do **** in a street fight.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by McGelie
i wish i knew how to throw a ****in punch. i'm a wrestler, but i wouldn't be able to do **** in a street fight.

Take it to the ground!

Nothing wrong with ground fighting.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by oppressor
just jerk off

I already tried that... I came in my eye and now my vision is even worse!

just kidding of course. I talked to my mom; I have a concussion, and the vision problem will go away. It's safe to go to sleep tonight. I'm not allowed to box again while living under my parents' roof.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401