I don't have any examples but GC online prices sometimes are 1 or 2 dollars more for picks, strings, and guitars can be +50 on GC, and a lot cheaper of Musiciansfriend. why is this? everytime i go to GC store not shopping online? the guys are always nice enough to sell it cheaper then the online price, example i bought 2 packs of Dunlop 1.15 picks, and jazIII, 2 packs of strings. The guy took 1.50 off the picks, and 2 bucks off the strings each pack, not in groups. whats going on?
LOL
apparently so
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
really? ahh no wonder lol. thanks guys,GC online is such a rip. If i just wanna get picks, the shipping cost more then the picks...
LOL
huh, i didn't know that. All I noticed were that they both have jacked prices on Dimarzios but that's probably Dimarzios doing.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
i tend to just buy my little things, costing less then $100 in store because some times the shipping can be more then tax
Quote by scflyer55
Try to support your local music store whenever you can.

yea i did that and got jipped big time, 2 pack of strings for 10 bucks. GC was like 6 bucks.
LOL
Where I live, I can get 1 pack of strings for 12$. Small towns suck
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
haha they're the same company??? wow ingenious. you see the high prices on gc and when you go to mf it's low, so you think you're getting a bargain. and whoever buys from gc is suckered. it's like i saw two corn vendors right next to each other and one sell for 5 bucks and the other for 3 bucks. it's artificial inflation kinda.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I never order online to be honest, if i want something available at GC. I'll go there.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
They're sister companies...owned by the same umbrella corp. A little different beast.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by apak
haha they're the same company??? wow ingenious. you see the high prices on gc and when you go to mf it's low, so you think you're getting a bargain. and whoever buys from gc is suckered. it's like i saw two corn vendors right next to each other and one sell for 5 bucks and the other for 3 bucks. it's artificial inflation kinda.

its the only place man, my town store rips people off but they are nice..but ehh
LOL
I don't know if this is the answer or not, but Guitar Center probably has more overhead with owning all of those stores. Rent. Electricity. Salaries. Benefits. Etc.

They also probably have to write more stuff off the books that gets damaged or stolen.

;
Quote by SiKh22
yea i did that and got jipped big time, 2 pack of strings for 10 bucks. GC was like 6 bucks.

Build a relationship with the shop workers or owners....I now get free tubes and really reduced prices on other stuff (my used DD-20 was $105)
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Build a relationship with the shop workers or owners....I now get free tubes and really reduced prices on other stuff (my used DD-20 was $105)

Building relationships with the managers has done me some good as well.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
Building relationships with the managers has done me some good as well.

Especially now that GC has apparently gone to fixed pricing. You strike up a good relationship with the staff at your local stores and you're gonna start getting deals because they can now start undercutting GC, not the other way around.

And if you bring GC a MF price quote, 99 times out of 100 they'll price match it because they're sister companies. Whoever said it was artificial inflation was probably right...they do it because they can.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I live 15 minutes away from Sweetwater so I just go there when I need something.
I've seen an RG3EXQM1 at Guitar Center for $350,(bought it there), and it was like $520 or so at Musicians Friend. Strange, because the RG4EX1 or something was less than that.

It's now $350 now.
Last edited by CrzyGuitarist93 at Jun 4, 2008,