Hello UG'ers!

I've been roaming around several different forums and I've come across a 'engl fireball' threads. A lot of people were saying how they sound great when played on a lower volume level, but they tend to thin up and get lost in the mix when played with other people in gigs?

Is this true? Fireball owners, I need you!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Hello UG'ers!

I've been roaming around several different forums and I've come across a 'engl fireball' threads. A lot of people were saying how they sound great when played on a lower volume level, but they tend to thin up and get lost in the mix when played with other people in gigs?

Is this true? Fireball owners, I need you!

I've heard the same thing but there usually comparing them to the 6505. I got to crank the hell out of one sunday but wasnt in a band situation so as for cut through wouldnt know... Now as for getting thin its probally because people set them up at low volumes and forget they need to re-tweak them for high volume. <---Just a guess. Once i cranked it up and made a few tweaks it was just as brootal and full. The THD cab i was playing through didnt like the bass past 6 so that kind of sucked. But other then that it was fine...
couldnt you just EQ it differently so i'l cut through?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
couldnt you just EQ it differently so i'l cut through?

+1

To cut through the mix, just Boost The Mids Up!!!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Well, I've heard that mid boosting on the fireball doesn't always sound that great.

And thanks for your guys' input.

FIREBALL OWNERS, I NEED YOU.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
sorry, man, one i tried was at lowish volumes...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No problem, Dave.

Darn you all that live in the UK! No dealers here in the US.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
No problem, Dave.

Darn you all that live in the UK! No dealers here in the US.

What? GC owns musicians friend - which carries ENGL - and they ship to both the US & Canada. Shouldn't GC have the ENGL's in stock as well?
GC doesn't exist in Hawaii.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by DiMeTiMe
What? GC owns musicians friend - which carries ENGL - and they ship to both the US & Canada. Shouldn't GC have the ENGL's in stock as well?

Yup its been like that for a long time now and if you think about it the stores just arent big enough to carry everything and they only stock what they know will sell.. Which is mainly MG's and Spiders lol