I just bought a Gibson sg special, which was set up at little too high for my liking, when I lowered the bridge, I get Fret buzz on the low E, I have checked the Truss rod it seems to be ok, is there anything else I can do?
Last edited by MRWHITE35 at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by MRWHITE35
I just bought a Gibson sg special, which was set up at little too high for my liking, when I lowered the bridge, I get Fret buzz on the low E, I have checked the thrust rod it seems to be ok, is there anything else I can do?

I don't know what a thrust rod is but I will guess it is a Truss rod. I just raise my action.
it may rattle a little, but thats just because you have your action a little low, but when plugged into an amp, it doesn't matter you will not hear it.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Also a possiblity of a bad fret wire. try to push it down
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by travd92
it may rattle a little, but thats just because you have your action a little low, but when plugged into an amp, it doesn't matter you will not hear it.

+1
Quote by travd92

That's what I thought just turn the amp up a touch, because the action is nice and low and easy to play, and it's only on the low E, the guitar is brand new i only got it this morning.
where is it buzzing? open string or fretted? possibly a bad fret wire. or the nut.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
where is it buzzing? open string or fretted? possibly a bad fret wire. or the nut.

It only buzz's when fretted, but mostly all way up and down the neck,
from the 1st - 7th fret buzz= adjust truss rod
12th - higher fret buzz = action

seriously, if you don't know how to adjust a truss rod, try youtube or search it in google, or take it to a tech to see what's the real problem
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
from the 1st - 7th fret buzz= adjust truss rod
12th - higher fret buzz = action

seriously, if you don't know how to adjust a truss rod, try youtube or search it in google, or take it to a tech to see what's the real problem

Thanks again for the reply, I would say it is from the 2nd to 12 fret so would that mean slackening slightly the truss rod?
It could also be that the strings have not yet had a chance to wear in yet, my strings always buzz a bit, particulary the low E, after I replace them no matter which guitar it is. Play it as much as possible for the next couple days, or even a week, and see if the buzzing starts to wear down or go away alltogether.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
It could also be that the strings have not yet had a chance to wear in yet, my strings always buzz a bit, particulary the low E, after I replace them no matter which guitar it is. Play it as much as possible for the next couple days, or even a week, and see if the buzzing starts to wear down or go away alltogether.

Thanks will try that ;-)