Is their any way I could run my Gsharp without an effects loop effectively? I really want to get an Orange Rockerverb 30, but the lack of an effects loop is forcing me to save up for the 50. Is there any way I could do this?

TBH, I could just run it infront of the amp, there's mix dials etc. The only problem is that the effect goes over the distortion then. How does delay sound in front of the amp for example?
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Jun 3, 2008,
Delay and Reverb sound awkward, and more or less bad in front.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Call up guitar techs around your area. See if they can add an fx loop to your rocker 30.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Ehh, I'd say around 200-300 USD for installation, and maybe a bit more for labor costs.

Perhaps you should purchase the 50 if the fx loop is that much of an issue for you.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Well, the 50 is over £400 more, so I'll probably get the 30 and get a quote. If it's too much I guess I can live without my G Sharp for my live rig...I suppose it'll be relagated to the Mixing Desk

Thanks for your help Jinksee/Doodleface.
Save up £100 more and get the G major
I know there are modders who can make an efffects loop, ask somewhere like HC.
I used delay and chorus in front of my twins for years.Just make sure its the last effect in the chain. Good luck.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by modernp
I used delay and chorus in front of my twins for years.Just make sure its the last effect in the chain. Good luck.
Twins are clean though, when you distort reverb it gets a bit.........

The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Without an effects loop there is no way of putting effects between the pre and power amps. They have stomp box effects loops but still wouldnt do that job. You will need a moddable amp or one with the loop. No way around it.