Is that monster standard 100 cable good or should I shoot for the gold plated monsters
I wouldn't get monter's, the're really not any better than other cables, just more expensive and fancy looking.
There has to be some brand of cable that can withstand stage abuse and create no crackling better than the rest
The biggest bang for buck cables are Planet Waves and Dimarzio. Both quite durable, planet waves has a lifetime warranty, and both have a huge signal.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
The biggest bang for buck cables are Planet Waves and Dimarzio. Both quite durable, planet waves has a lifetime warranty, and both have a huge signal.

+1

Gave you a kudo even though I wouldn't know, because it's probably right .
Planet waves are excellent. Gold contacts are probably not necessary.
Quote by Roc8995
Planet waves are excellent. Gold contacts are probably not necessary.

Very true. Dimarzio doesn't have the gold contacts on their cables, really strong signal. I do prefer how planet waves has their cables designed with a guitar side and an amp side for optimal performance...I dunno if it actually helps, but it seems like something no one else is doing. Also, they stay in the jack nice and snug.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The monster 100 cable isnt any better than the cheap brand cables. Monster brand is more gimmick then substance. The mogami cables I use were less money than the monster brand.
People don't realize how important cables are. I can tell a huge difference from my 30 dollar CBI Cable and my 70 dollar Lava ELC. Much less amp "fizz", cleaner sound, much more warm, and even louder. Plus, the ELC comes with a lifetime warranty. Don't buy just ANY cable.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic