Anyways I have been playing guitar for about a year and after a forced 3 year break i want to buy my first guitar since i don't own any gear at the moment. i wanted to ask the experts here on UG on some advice. what would be more versatile? the S or the RG.
i plan on playing many different styles.

i like everything from slayer,korn,nirvana, led zeppelin, b.b.king, SRV, Dream Theater, ect. so i need something with versatility. i will be buying a Peavey classic 30 to accompany one of these guitars. or if you guys have other suggestions feel free to let me know.

thanks in advance,
Somebody_Someone
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Hmm, will you be using different tunings?

if you will I would suggest a hardtail, but I would choose the Rg.
i will be using e standard i would say 98% of the time.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
In terms of versatility of sound they're as good as each other but I'd probably go for the RG1570 as it's a prestige model and is therefore probably made better.

On the other hand you should probably spend a bit more on your amp than the guitar so if you get the S470 instead of the RG you could probably shell out for something with a little bit better tone, depending on your total budget.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
In terms of versatility of sound they're as good as each other but I'd probably go for the RG1570 as it's a prestige model and is therefore probably made better.

On the other hand you should probably spend a bit more on your amp than the guitar so if you get the S470 instead of the RG you could probably shell out for something with a little bit better tone, depending on your total budget.

well i don't play in a band, gig, ect. so if you know about an amp that is in the 15-30 watt range that is better than the classic 30 let me know, right now i have enough only for the guitar. but i have my part time job's paychecks free so i will be able to save up about another 700USD in a month or so.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
i'd choose the Prestige over the S. i'd sacrifice the looks for better craftsmanship.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I.....can't......deci.....

*Head Explodes*

EDIT: ^^the rg also has good looks. MIRAGE blue anyone?
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Jun 3, 2008,
^ +100
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Rg...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I own the S470 and don't get me wrong, it is amazing, but the RG comes with that extra quality, better neck, traditional tremolo, and a hardshell case.
cool, thanks guys, i think i made my decision. i shall post my first "New Gear Day" in a few weeks.
later
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock