This is our last week of high school, and throughout the entire year our English teacher has been the biggest pushover ever. She'd accept assignments ONE MONTH late, and I'm not exaggerating. And she would accept them without taking any marks off. I hated it when I would hand in my assignments on time and get 80%, and someone would hand it in two weeks later and get 85%.

Anyways, because she'll didn't reprimand anyone for anything, students stopped doing their work, thinking they'd get away with it.

I wasn't one of these students, and for that I am very glad.

Today she handed out post-it notes with certain students notes to their respectful owners. These kids were failing the last term. This was a surprise to everyone because they all manged to float through the past 3 terms just like they tried doing in term 4.

Some of the marks were between 21% and 59%. I was extremely satisfied with this because all of these narcissistic dickwads FINALLY get what they deserved. Without English, they can't graduate.

Do you think my teacher did the right thing?
Not by changing the way she marked the class. If you do one thing, stick with it. But in general terms of failing the kids that didnt do the work? obviously the right thing.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Yes. If people are too stupid to graduate High School, they are probably too stupid to live and contribute to society in a meaningful way.

and that's not directed at anyone that chose not to finish High School.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
The teacher was wrong. If the rules aren't enforced, then of course people aren't going to obey them.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
No. It's deception.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
pwnd
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I was always late with my coursework. When I hand it in it's top notch, but it's always late.

I always have a ****ing masterpiece of an excuse though so it's normally alright.
Ah, indeed she did the right thing. Maybe people will learn to do some work for the next time around.
She taught responsibility. I probably would've failed that class myself, though.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Your teacher was absolutely right. Regardless of how she did things prior, everyone knows they're expected to do the workload and not doing so will result in failing. They were too stupid and thought they could skate by and take advantage of your teacher's kindness. Serves them right!
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
that's stupid, it would have been much better to just enforce the rules the whole year, instead of letting it go and then failing the people. like a guy above me said, if the rules aren't enforced, then nobody will obey them
that must of been epic

hahah now that i think about it thats how my bio final went..over half the class had under 69%
Last edited by deckerbastard69 at Jun 3, 2008,
I bet most of you are hypocrites. It's hard not to fall for senioritis. Not only that, but the teacher displayed a pattern of conduct, and the students merely followed that pattern. It's deception. There is no glory or wit in her plan. She's just an asshole with sand in her vag.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Guess she couldn't find her drugs that day.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Xiaoxi
I bet most of you are hypocrites. It's hard not to fall for senioritis. Not only that, but the teacher displayed a pattern of conduct, and the students merely followed that pattern. It's deception. There is no glory or wit in her plan. She's just an asshole with sand in her vag.

True. But the ones who failed are still at fault themselves for not doing any work on time.
Quote by FireandFlames
True. But the ones who failed are still at fault themselves for not doing any work on time.

Thanks for missing my point.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

What pattern of conduct? She let the kids make their own choice whether they want to work and get good marks or not and fail, it's the same princible every teacher follows, just this time people thought she was too nice to ruin their **** and she stepped it up.

How would it be fair that TS did his work while everyone else slacks off and still manages to pass? It wouldn't. And now those kids get to learn the hard way about working to get places in life.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Wow your teacher posted a "If you post in this thread I will ban you thread"
to her.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jericho114
What pattern of conduct? She let the kids make their own choice whether they want to work and get good marks or not and fail, it's the same princible every teacher follows, just this time people thought she was too nice to ruin their **** and she stepped it up.

How would it be fair that TS did his work while everyone else slacks off and still manages to pass? It wouldn't. And now those kids get to learn the hard way about working to get places in life.

Agreed. She let the students choose whether they'd fail or not. She never said they didn't have to do their work. She let them choose to do it on time or not, like any other teacher would. I'm sure she'd still let them pass it in.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Jericho114

By not issuing immediate consequences, she created a pattern of conduct of pandering and leniency. Yes, people took advantage of it because that's how she wanted them to interpret her manners.

Whether it's fair that the TS did his work punctually is irrelevant. The main problem is that the teacher thought she was teaching responsibility, but she has done so in the most irresponsible and mistakenly complacent way.

Quote by SupremeACL
Agreed. She let the students choose whether they'd fail or not. She never said they didn't have to do their work. She let them choose to do it on time or not, like any other teacher would. I'm sure she'd still let them pass it in.

Wrong. She did not suggest that there would be consequences for not doing work on time. According to the TS, she actually deceived the students by rewarding them regardless of how much effort they put into their works. By doing so, she implies that there is no consequences.

If she truly "let the students choose whether to fail or pass", she would have made it clear that it depends on their dedication. She blatantly didn't.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by FireandFlames

If she had properly enforced due dates, then they would have handed them in on time, or faced the consequences. Now thanks to her, they can't graduate.

She should have followed the rules set by the board of studies.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by DanRev
I was always late with my coursework. When I hand it in it's top notch, but it's always late.

I always have a ****ing masterpiece of an excuse though so it's normally alright.

Same.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I'm sure she had an implication somewhere that assignments are actually worth marks, and just because she's lenient on due dates doesn't make the homework any less important.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Xiaoxi
By not issuing immediate consequences, she created a pattern of conduct of pandering and leniency. Yes, people took advantage of it because that's how she wanted them to interpret her manners.

Whether it's fair that the TS did his work punctually is irrelevant. The main problem is that the teacher thought she was teaching responsibility, but she has done so in the most irresponsible and mistakenly complacent way.

Wrong. She did not suggest that there would be consequences for not doing work on time. According to the TS, she actually deceived the students by rewarding them regardless of how much effort they put into their works. By doing so, she implies that there is no consequences.

If she truly "let the students choose whether to fail or pass", she would have made it clear that it depends on their dedication. She blatantly didn't.

Quote by breadstick
If she had properly enforced due dates, then they would have handed them in on time, or faced the consequences. Now thanks to her, they can't graduate.

She should have followed the rules set by the board of studies.

There is a difference between leiniency on turning in work late and not turning it in at all. And because a rule was percieved to not be enforced doesn't mean it can't be.
You guys sound like a couple kindergartners pointing fingers and saying "But he did it too"
Life ain't fair. Never will be. Cover your own ass let the others take it up theirs.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.