I like to expirement with my set up ALOT,and Im always rearranging and trying new things,and I just downgraded to a 4 piece..which Iv never played before,and I really really like it.Iv been playing a 6 piece with 2 rack toms and 2 floor toms...But I think Ill stay with this for a while.Heres a little pic to show you what it looks like.

Anyone else play a setup similar to this?
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
hella cymbols man
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Yea,I dont know..I like to keep my setup simple.All it is,is 2 crashes,a ride,splash,12 " china and 18" china.
How accurate is the picture compared to the actual set?
If it's very close, it'd be flippin' hard to switch from tom to tom.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Nope I like my big kit
2 bass drums
3 rack toms
2 floor toms
8 cymbals
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
I love playing on smaller kits like that.

Yeah it's fun having a big kit, but sometimes I like to jam on a smaller jazzier kit.

Edit: But when I'm on a smaller kit I don't use as many cymbals lol. A big 22" ride, 14" and 16" crash, small splash and an 18" china.

That cymbal set-up is pretty good for me on any kit to be honest.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Last edited by Mr. La Fritz at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by konkordmusk

Was thinking the same. If your doing quick fills, how are you spinning around to hit the floor tom so fast?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Quote by konkordmusk

...Well theres only 2 toms,and its actually really easy.And looking back on the pic,I did place the ride closer than its supposed to be.But I mean I just wanted people to get the idea.
I just use a standard kit, two crash, one ride and obviously the hi hats, some times I pull out the other bass drum, but that's usually just to dick around.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Haggard13
Was thinking the same. If your doing quick fills, how are you spinning around to hit the floor tom so fast?

When you play on kits like that I don't think you do many quick fills. It's more about groove and using cymbals.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
I use Paise cymbals, but recently my Hi hats have started to sound like crap, it's not the clutch because I just bought a new one, they are unbelievabley dirty that might be something? Any help?
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Mine are dirty too,Im using paiste 2000's right now.What series are you playing?
dude! my set is just like that except i dont have a splash and i have a zil-bell next to my hi hats.
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Quote by Kiffa
I use Paise cymbals, but recently my Hi hats have started to sound like crap, it's not the clutch because I just bought a new one, they are unbelievabley dirty that might be something? Any help?

Clean them! It works wonders.

The kit I use is snare, mounted tom, floor tom, and bass, hi-hats, a fast crash, a heavier crash (also used as ride) and a china.

That's really just the set the singer of my band has, but if I had a set it would be similar, minus the china (they're disgusting) and plus a real ride and maybe a crash.
Quote by Z-Bone
...Well theres only 2 toms,and its actually really easy.And looking back on the pic,I did place the ride closer than its supposed to be.But I mean I just wanted people to get the idea.

If you had a bigger kit, you were probably used to rolling around on the toms.
You also may still wanna do so now.
And yes, I could see there were only 2 toms.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
haha i have an electric set so i have as many combinations as i want.
dtxtreme III is the coolest e-drums i've ever played
Quote by 666Sabbath666
Nope I like my big kit
2 bass drums
3 rack toms
2 floor toms
8 cymbals
That's way too many drums for my liking. Mine is:

1 bass drum
1 rack tom
1 floor tom
2 cymbals (not counting hi hat)

I might add another floor tom some day.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I have

Kick drum
Bass drum
Snare
Two floor toms
Crash
Hi-hat

That's it. If I actually played drums more that mediocrely, I'd add a ride and splash and probably lose one of the toms.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X