hey guys this may be a stupid question but i was wondering if there's an adapter which can be plugged into the guitar input jack which would allow me to play music from my mp3 or cd player through the amp. i kno the line 6 has it built in but my amp unfortunately does not

thanks for the help everyone
yeah you can buy an adapter at radio shack.

you want it to end with a 1/4 plug into the amps input.

note, you will want to keep the mp3 player and the amp's volume low to start out, then creep it up, careful not to overwork the speaker.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
remember, both units low volume, raise as you go.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Only problem with doing it this way is the preamp will affect the signal to. So if its on the distortion channel the MP3 will be distorted to. If an amp has a cd input it will be after the preamp before the amp.
Quote by Tackleberry
Only problem with doing it this way is the preamp will affect the signal to. So if its on the distortion channel the MP3 will be distorted to. If an amp has a cd input it will be after the preamp before the amp.

aww nerts. anyway to get around this? maybe by putting the amp on the clean channel?
I guess that will work. The other problem will be stereo into mono. The cd in jack is set up for stereo but guitar input jacks arent. So you would need whatever converter from your mp3 to the 1/4 input jack. And either lose l or right channel or a mono converter. You may not notice if one is missing unless you get a song with the guitar panned to one side or the other.
non the less, it's a cheap way to add a speaker to a player.
think a jack is like $3.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

my bass amp has a CD in. the sound quality is epic
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.