So i plan on covering CKY- 96 quite bitter beings
can someone tell me what kind of pedal or what I need to do to get that kind of sound with my guitar? Im kinda new.
Last edited by ragnarok1100 at Jun 3, 2008,
What guitar and amp do you have?

It's a pretty basic sound - distorted guitar, tuned down a half step according to the highest rated tab.

You'll need a guitar, an amp turned quite high if it's tube, or if it's solid state turn on a gain channel. If you don't have a gain channel you'll need a distortion pedal.
I don't really know the amp, does it have a drive/gain channel?
Specifically for tone I guess you'd want to turn the bass up, treble down some - I'm not being very helpful I realize, sorry.

edit: I'm sure someone will say it in more unkind words, but it's probably your amp that's holding you back here.
whammy pedal =)
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!