Page 1 of 7
Postin' 'cause I have nothin' else to do (Don't spam please)

Ever seen a band and thought they would really suck, but then you gave them a real listen and it turned out you love 'em?

When I saw the band MGMT on Mtv I thought they were another hipster stupid indie band. (Mind you I love my indie music, but c'mon a lot of it sucks when they can write anything and it gets popular)

Turns out, they ****in' rock!!

Any similar stories?
Breaking Benjamin. they are ok i guess. better than i though. Also System Of A Down like 2 years ago, but i love them now
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Coldplay is my most recent example. I didn't like them for the longest time, then my girlfriend made me listen to the new single and I thought it was really good, and now their other stuff has started growing on me too.
MGMT?

When I joined this site I thought Fall Out Boy were the pinnicle of suck, but when I listened to them I loved them.
i wasn't head over heels about Disturbed when i was starting to get into rock and metal,but now i actually understand,THERE GOOD!
Metallica. I ****ing hated metal. Then I slowly grew attached to them. Now I'm a metalhead.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I thought Tool would suck, but they've become my favourite band tied with Pink Floyd.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I don't love them by any means, but I was somewhat surprised by Avenged Sevenfold when I first really listened to them.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

I used to DESPISE In Flames.

Now they're my third favorite band.
Quote by nintendocly
During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
Job For a Cowboy

I seriously hated the crap out of them until i went to Gigantour 08 and they played before Bodom. I left that night Questioning why I didn't like them.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Dream Theatre
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Well, this is kind of a weird story. In my Unfortunate Summer of Green Day Obsession I had a couple of years ago, I was hanging out with my Australian uncle. He told me that if I liked Green Day, then this Australian band he showed me would be my new favorite band. He gave me their debut album and I didn't listen to it until a few months later, when I had moved out of the Green Day phase. I figured that there was no way that this random Aussie band could possibly be good, even though I had never heard them or of them.

The Living End is now my absolute favorite band, and I haven't listened to Green Day in at least a year and a half.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Before I checked 'em out, I thought Chiodos probably sucked because all these people with similar taste in music dislike them, but I actually like them now.
Quote by MisspentYouth
Well, this is kind of a weird story. In my Unfortunate Summer of Green Day Obsession I had a couple of years ago, I was hanging out with my Australian uncle. He told me that if I liked Green Day, then this Australian band he showed me would be my new favorite band. He gave me their debut album and I didn't listen to it until a few months later, when I had moved out of the Green Day phase. I figured that there was no way that this random Aussie band could possibly be good, even though I had never heard them or of them.

The Living End is now my absolute favorite band, and I haven't listened to Green Day in at least a year and a half.

have you heard the new stuff? state of emergency wasnt too great, but white noise seems promising. you can hear two tracks on their myspace.

just thought you'd like to know.
Smashing Pumpkins
I heard them a long time ago thought they were boring as hell, but I decided to give them another chance and I really like them now. Except for the newer album, that blows hard
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by aaron6890
have you heard the new stuff? state of emergency wasnt too great, but white noise seems promising. you can hear two tracks on their myspace.

just thought you'd like to know.

Haha, believe me, I know. I thought State of Emergency was great, but that's because I don't really care how a band's sound changes as long as it sounds good. I've heard about eight new songs, but I'm not sure how many are actually going to be on the album. Eh. Thanks anyway, though
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
Trivium. I hated them. Then I loved them. Now i'm meh about them. (The talk about their new album makes me want to throw up "OUR MOST TECHNICAL **** EVERRRRR")

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
I actually used to HATE Iron Maiden (puts up flame sheild) but now that i listened to some of their other song, i love them.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Protest the Hero

The vocals were kinda weird for me at first, now I luff them
Quote by Havox
Protest the Hero

The vocals were kinda weird for me at first, now I luff them

Same here.
As Blood Runs Black
I hated his screaming growl thing at first now I love them
ಠ_ಠ
i thought the same thing about MGMT.
but i thought i'd hate Be Your Own Pet because i don't really like punk.
but they're awesome.
and i didn't think i'd like janis joplin either.
but she rocks.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
First time i listened to slayer, i thought :" Wut kind of **** is that!!".Then i listened to it again and i loved it. It makes me want to punch someone in the face.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
Quote by SupremeACL
Metallica. I ****ing hated metal. Then I slowly grew attached to them. Now I'm a metalhead.

I agree 100%, same story here.
The Agony Scene,
Tool,
Marilyn Manson,
warbringer,
incubus.

Quote by borntorock2112
First time i listened to slayer, i thought :" Wut kind of **** is that!!".Then i listened to it again and i loved it. It makes me want to punch someone in the face.

Thats how i felt the first time.