I can't decide. Can someone help me out?

SR500 is also a possibility, since it's basically the same thing as the SR530, but without the black finish.

I'm only learning at this point, but I want to get something that I won't want to upgrade too soon. Something that I'll want to keep for a long time. And it also has to be within my price range, which is about $600 max without tax or the cost of an amp.

Thanks.
I will tell you to get a Schecter. They're great mid-level instruments. Though I prefer me a Studio though. They come up used a lot, you could probably get a Studio or Elite for less than you would pay for a new custom.
Quote by i_don't_know
What makes the Schecter better than the Ibanez though?

Dunno, it just FELT better to me. Sounded better too. The Ibanez isn't terrible, and you can't go wrong with either, but just try them out.

And on another note, my Studio is quite the eye-catcher with people.
Is there anyone else that can help me out? One person's answer alone can't help me choose.
Quote by i_don't_know
Is there anyone else that can help me out? One person's answer alone can't help me choose.

Disagree. Go try them out. They're both good instruments. You choose.

BTW, my Studio is in Red. Its much sexier.
I have an Ibanez and I really like it, but then again I have only played 1 shecter and it was so long ago I can't remember what model it was. Anyway can't go wrong with Ibanez great prices and you can get alot of different tones.
Quote by Wylde14
obviously if you own an expensive guitar, 500 watt amp, and power tab, you are an unstoppable force of shred
I just became addicted to the black cherry Stiletto Elite.

I really need a job now...

And does anyone know how thin the neck of the Elite (4 string) is compared to the SR530? I know Ibanez updated the SR530 with a thinner neck, but I've also heard the necks on all the Stiletto models are pretty skinny. The skinnier the neck, the easier it is to play? Did I get that right?

And judging by thegiaco's myspace, Schecter makes basses with the exact sound I'm looking for.
Quote by i_don't_know
I just became addicted to the black cherry Stiletto Elite.

I really need a job now...

And does anyone know how thin the neck of the Elite (4 string) is compared to the SR530? I know Ibanez updated the SR530 with a thinner neck, but I've also heard the necks on all the Stiletto models are pretty skinny.

It'll be the same as the other Schecters, except the Studio. All Stilettos except the Studio have a heavily finished neck that I feel isn't as nice to play on. Some people like it. And the Schecters have PLENTY thin necks IMO.
Quote by IndianRockStar
It'll be the same as the other Schecters, except the Studio. All Stilettos except the Studio have a heavily finished neck that I feel isn't as nice to play on. Some people like it. And the Schecters have PLENTY thin necks IMO.

So, it's basically custom->elite->studio?

And the studio looks really nice. Do you think it's worth $680 if I'm willing to work for it?
Quote by i_don't_know
So, it's basically custom->elite->studio?

And the studio looks really nice. Do you think it's worth $680 if I'm willing to work for it?

That's how I would say it. However, Fett13 (provided he posts here) will tell you that the bridge on the Elite is better. I would agree with him. It is a monorail bridge, meaning that each string is separated from the others which improves intonation and sustain. The Studio's bridge is a pretty normal one, not terrible, not the best ever. Because of its design (neck through etc) it still sustains for longer than you would need in a rock setting. It also has a 3 band EQ.

I like the Studio more, but many will tell you to get an Elite. A/B the two.
Thanks, I think I'm gonna go for the Elite. I read a few reviews, did a few comparisons, found a couple videos, and it looks and sounds like the Elite is what I'm looking for. Plus, it's a little cheaper than a Studio.
Directed to the question about the necks, it's really personal preference between a thick neck and a thin one. Some people like thin ones like me, because they're quicker to move around on, and some people prefer a thicker neck, most likely because the string spacing makes it easier not to hit another string by accident. Thicker necks will probably be good practice if you want to play a 5 string later on i guess too.

I reccomend you go and try a J-bass, then a P-bass and see if you prefer a thin one or a thick one.

Oh, and I'd go for that elite myself tbh, looks lush.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Jonn0
Directed to the question about the necks, it's really personal preference between a thick neck and a thin one. Some people like thin ones like me, because they're quicker to move around on, and some people prefer a thicker neck, most likely because the string spacing makes it easier not to hit another string by accident. Thicker necks will probably be good practice if you want to play a 5 string later on i guess too.

I reccomend you go and try a J-bass, then a P-bass and see if you prefer a thin one or a thick one.

Oh, and I'd go for that elite myself tbh, looks lush.

I plan to stick with 4 string and just keep getting better and better at it. I don't really see a need to switch to a 5 string when I can keep progressing on a 4.
Quote by i_don't_know
I plan to stick with 4 string and just keep getting better and better at it. I don't really see a need to switch to a 5 string when I can keep progressing on a 4.

I'll eventually get a 5-string, just because i love the feeling of hitting the open B, and also you can play quite a few songs much easier, such as moonlight sonata.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.