Okay. My limit of 400 dollars has been delivered to me by the almighty Zeus; now I need your guys help picking an amp to buy.

My current debate is between 2 amps:

The Roland 60 Cube

http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/EN/CUBE-60/index.html

and the

Line 6 Spider III 120

http://line6.com/spideriii120/index.html

I have some specific questions, and if they could be answered for both, that'd be a great help.

1. Which amp is most versatile?
2. Which amp is louder?
3. Which amp has lower harmonic distortion (meaning which distorts at higher volumes), or basically, which one has better sound quality overall?
4. Which one has more/better/utilitarian inputs/outputs?
5. Is there anything that one amp clearly has over the other one?

Thanks a bunch dudes!
1. Which amp is most versatile? Cube 60
2. Which amp is louder? About the same, probably the Spider but it's not that important
3. Which amp has lower harmonic distortion (meaning which distorts at higher volumes), or basically, which one has better sound quality overall? Cube 60
4. Which one has more/better/utilitarian inputs/outputs? Don't know what your asking
5. Is there anything that one amp clearly has over the other one? Cube 60 sounds better, that's about it.
Out of those, most people will say the Cube.

However, I'd broaden your horizons a bit, check out some tube combos as well.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Of those two, the Roland hands down. But I would look at used tube amps in your area and hopefully not get flamed for saying so.
Cube 60, Cube 60, Cube 60!! It's WAY better than the spider. trust me. Cube 60 sounds great with harmonics and is basically an all around better amp than the spider.
if you have 400 get a peavey valveking

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

peavey valveking 112

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by Geartrigger
1. Which amp is most versatile? Cube 60
2. Which amp is louder? About the same, probably the Spider but it's not that important
3. Which amp has lower harmonic distortion (meaning which distorts at higher volumes), or basically, which one has better sound quality overall? Cube 60
4. Which one has more/better/utilitarian inputs/outputs? Don't know what your asking
5. Is there anything that one amp clearly has over the other one? Cube 60 sounds better, that's about it.

I just wanna know which has more inputs/outputs. Also, I've had my heart pretty set on the cube 60 for awhile now. This spider III thing just seemed kinda good so I wanted to know what you guys thought of it compared to the cube 60, since, I really haven't seen one bad review of it. But, I'm pretty sure now I'm just gonna go with the cube 60. Thanks for all your help though.

P.S.
I was also wondering what I should get for a footswitch. I just wanna be able to switch between the two channels and the effects.

I was looking at this one...

FS-5L Footswitch

and this one...

FS-1 Single Footswitch

I know they're pretty much the same, but I just want your opinions. Also if you could tell about any other ones that I should look at I'd appreciate that too.
Thanks
Last edited by GITARdud391 at Jun 3, 2008,
What kind of music are you playing? You could get a better amp than the cube if you wanted.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Get a Valveking... unless you play jazz, a solid-state amp isn't really worth it.

Valvekings cost $400 new, are all-tube amps, generally sound better and will probably be louder than a Cube.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
there are tons of tube options for that kind of money.
valveking 112
classic 30
some sort of traynor?
b52 at combo
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Well, I'm gonna playing be mostly hard rock and metal, some jazz type stuff too; music like Paramore and Incubus. I really don't want a tube amp right now, simply because I don't want to deal with the tubes and stuff, and I just really want this amp, lol. Also I've played other roland cubes and I liked them so I know I'm gonna like this one. Plus like I said before, I've yet to read a bad review for it yet.
If you really like the cube then get it. But in all honesty, tubes are not all that complicated. Its like any other amp, they just sound much better.
The valveking will probably suit you best since it is the most versatile. Its also great for hard rock and can get pretty metal sounding especially with a tubescreamer in front of it.

But like i said, get the cube if you really want it. Just know that you have tons of "better" options at that price range.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Tubes are little more than fancy light bulbs and only require change every few years.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
tube amps will generally be easier to fix if theres a problem too.
if your cube breaks, no point in fixing a solid state, you just get a new amp.
you'll want to go tube later on anyways.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
It'll go to hard rock/classic metal territory, but for real metal you're going to need a speaker change.