I remember a lot of you guys here recommending this amp and the only experience with an amp was the AC15 and it was at a used shop. I played it and messed with the EQ and it sounded fizzy, so I applied that to all the other amps, and wouldn't buy one for the life of me. But I was out n about looking for stage lights with my youth pastor, and played one at a shop today. Man did this thing kick and give me what I needed! Once I have enough money I'm buying one. I think it's really cool how they have the 12ax7 between the preamp and poweramp. It retains the warmth without fizzing out and mudding out[if you eq it right].

So now I ask, should I go with the AD50VT or Vetta I?

Do note the Vetta I doesn't come with the FBV Shortboard and the AD50VT comes with the footswitch, and I am currently gigging.
I got some good guitars, yo.
The AD50VT comes WITH the footswitch? Really? The 30 didn't. Hmm. It was only $35 though, so not a deal breaker.
It doesn't come with a footswitch (mine didn't).

I have never played a vetta, but I really like my AD50. I assume you play a variety of genres, since you are looking for a modeler?
Quote by imgooley

I have never played a vetta, but I really like my AD50. I assume you play a variety of genres, since you are looking for a modeler?

Didn't think so. I really like my 30. It's the same amp but smaller, but again, I can't compare the two. I find it very versatile and I like the sound, both clean and unclean? Haha, I can't remember the terminology at this point :S
Quote by imgooley

Anything from blues to metal. I love the simple 2 channel programmable system. The Vetta would be sweet to have, since it has 4 channels per bank, and mod on-off and effect[like wah] on-off. But the AD50 will work just fine. Yea the guy at the shop said it came with the footswitch.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by Leat
Anything from blues to metal. I love the simple 2 channel programmable system. The Vetta would be sweet to have, since it has 4 channels per bank, and mod on-off and effect[like wah] on-off. But the AD50 will work just fine. Yea the guy at the shop said it came with the footswitch.

Hmm, maybe your shop is throwing it in then. Doesn't come in the box with the amp from the factory though.
It's a very good amp, and I thought I would get bored with it after a while, but since I bought a couple effects (a fuzz, an OD, and a wah) I'm constantly finding new tones for it. It's really easy to use, easy to program, and all but one of the effects are pretty good. I play mostly blues, and it's very, very good for that.
Quote by imgooley
It's a very good amp, and I thought I would get bored with it after a while, but since I bought a couple effects (a fuzz, an OD, and a wah) I'm constantly finding new tones for it. It's really easy to use, easy to program, and all but one of the effects are pretty good. I play mostly blues, and it's very, very good for that.

And that one effect that sucks would be the.... Auto Wah.. No good at all....

but the valvetronix amps are great, really versatile, great for what I use it for. Until i save up my 1000+ to buy a tube amp+effects
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i've had my ad50 for over a year and i love it...i love the way you can turn down the wattage and not have to touch any of the dials on top (which would affect your sound/tone)

vetta's are decent gues...never played one, but i've heard many stories about them crappy out while giggin...something about moving them all the time...they don't like that