I downloaded some podcasts, but they are in fairly bad quality.
When the guys are talking normally it's okay, but when they laugh or shout the noise is loud, distorted and painful for the ears.

IS their an equalizer setting or program I could use to make it so that the loud noises are turned down?

I hope that makes sense.
I am using an ipod and itunes if that helps.

Come on audio wizards, help me!
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Wrong forum, should be in GGA
compression

if you have a mac, download a program called Hear. on the iPod, there isn't much you can do besides keep the EQ off and the volume control handy.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
process the track with a compressor plugin (you're going to need audacity or something as well)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by SeanHart213
compression

if you have a mac, download a program called Hear. on the iPod, there isn't much you can do besides keep the EQ off and the volume control handy.

I had a demo of hear, ran out though.

I don't think this belongs in GGA, since it's not about guitars and such. It vaguely relates to amps, but not really.

Turning the volume down just means I can't hear the normal conversation.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
process the track with a compressor plugin (you're going to need audacity or something as well)

this is probly the best thing to do, being that audacity is free and you'll find conveniances and fun with it after a while
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
I've put the track in garageband (since I've already got it).
And I've got compression up, but what do I do?

I have the options of:
Threshold
Ratio
Attack
Gain

So I can turn all of them up or down.
Which do I go for?
Quote by mh400nt

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Sounds like the guys recording the podcast didn't know what they were doing. Are you sure compression is going to fix something like the gain being too high or what I refer to as "I'm eating the mic" syndrome?
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.