The name of Dragonforce's new album is Ultra Beatdown.
I love DF, but this is just too far IMO.
They also say that it's going to have a "futuristic" sound to it.

What are your thoughts about the new DF album?

and PLEASE!!!! NO DF FLAMING, go waste your time elsewhere.
It'll probably sound exactly like every other album. They're damn fun to listen to, and I wish I could play their stuff (as I'm sure Herman Li wishes, harharhar), but srsly, all of their songs sound pretty much the same.

That said, I'll still check it out. When's the release?
"futuristic sound"

All that means is than Herman Ri will use 3000% more effects than he already does.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Who knows maybe it might b different,
I like some DragonForce. I'm not crazy about them and i can go on for days about their flaws, but still i couldnt play as good as Herman Li on one of his bad days.
Quote by metaldud536
Don't make assumptions out of something you haven't heard.

I've heard that you can't dupe Master Balls. can i make assumptions about that?
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by metaldud536
No. Because you can foo.

MISSINGNO GLITCH~!!!11111
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by metaldud536

Talkin' to me? If so, I see no reason not to. If it's different, then I'll be surprised. If it's not, it'll still just take up some more space in my iPod.
Quote by GnR_ROK
"futuristic sound"

All that means is than Herman Ri will use 3000% more effects than he already does.

Instead of going on about how Slash is the most overrated guitarist of all time I will say this instead:

So what if he uses effects? so does Tom Morello. I don't care how the music was made, all that matters to me is what I hear coming from my speakers. So grow up.
Quote by GnR_ROK
"futuristic sound"

It will be so futuristic that they won't actually play their instruments. The album is 45 minutes of silence interspersed with random beeps and whirring noises
ohai little sig.
Ultra Beatdown?
that sounds like something from halo 3 thats just taking it a step too far i think
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
Instead of going on about how Slash is the most overrated guitarist of all time I will say this instead:

So what if he uses effects? so does Tom Morello. I don't care how the music was made, all that matters to me is what I hear coming from my speakers. So grow up.

I think what he's saying is Li has to rely on effects to mask his guitar playing.

So, leave him alone.
Quote by HeavenlyVirus

+1
Quote by synpet713192
Talkin' to me? If so, I see no reason not to. If it's different, then I'll be surprised. If it's not, it'll still just take up some more space in my iPod.

Oh yea? Well my expectations aren't so high about Metallica's next album either.
Meh, their album will appeal to a lot of people, but I probably won't buy it, worth a listen though.
As I always say: "Rawr"
Quote by metaldud536
Oh yea? Well my expectations aren't so high about Metallica's next album either.

What are your expectations about Chinese Democracy?

and, on topic, i'll give this album a listen. i actually dont hate dragonforce. i enjoy riffs at 300 bpm sometimes.
Wait. So since Dragonforce thinks that they live in the medieval era does that mean a "futuristic" album to them will sound like something from the 1800's?
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by I-Watch-Anime

What are your expectations about Chinese Democracy?

and, on topic, i'll give this album a listen. i actually dont hate dragonforce. i enjoy riffs at 300 bpm sometimes.

My expectations on CD is that is doesn't EXIST!
Quote by metaldud536

i'm glad you've stopped the pokemon references.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Futuristic meaning they just cut all the effects from an Angels and Airwaves album and pasted them on top of some very fast guitar.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
Quote by clay pots
i'm glad you've stopped the pokemon references.

i have to help him out sometimes. as in this thread. see above.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
bands and artists forum.

this mans avatar will just say he wants to ruin the thread.
I'm Steve
Quote by metaldud536
Actually.....look around . If I stop..I'll be forgotten.

well i must be honest, they are for the most part funny.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
my avatar means business

If your avatar is business mine is pain and suffering!
Quote by Luizza69

And mine is about peace and love...
Quote by webbtje
I've lost my bovine virginity.

I'm not even going to tell you what that means.

I loves bagels!

Proud member of the Trivium fans group
Quote by Luizza69

clearly...

Pain and suffering for Laa-laa evidently, you probably popped her ball right before her eyes before killing her didn't you, you sick bastard!
Ultra Beatdown? that sounds like the name of some crappy modern hardcore compilation.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm