Hey Im new here and I used to play the guitar and could play stuff like simple man, serveral other songs and alot of powercords and stuff and I knew about 20 chords and knew the letter for each of them by heart. I played for about 8 months and quit because I just couldnt make good rhythm. Back then I used the watch and learn video to get me started and branched out from there by the aid of friends.

That was 2 years ago and I have forgot almost all of it. I moved away from my gutiar friends so thats not a option. What I was wondering is I have a option from using the watch and learn videos 1&2 and going to the watch and learn rock guitar after that or spending $50 a month for 30 min a week on lessons. Im just wondering is it really worth $50 a month for a 30 min lesson a week? I mean 30 min just doesnt seem like much time to try to learn something every week when I have about a hour a day or more to practice.

Thanks for your advice.
I would say the lessons are worth it. Just about everyone can bennifit from a couple months of lessons. Once you have a feel for the basics, you don't really need an instructor in my opinion. You can continue on with books, the internet and videos after that.
I would say if you can afford it go with proper lessons but obviously if you can't afford it then videos are also a good choice, the only thing you have to be careful with is bad advice, especially in videos because you can't question the teacher's methods.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.