hello, my name is andrew. i recently got the ac30 custom classic head through recomendations of people from this very forum. im lovin it! but it has a lot of different tone possibilities, wich is great, but i need somewhere to start. what are your favorite eq settings for this amp? and does anyone know how to dial in a good 2nd led zeppelin album jimmy page sound? i know i dont have a supro, or a telecaster or whatever he used on that album, but im confident i can get that sound out . all help is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by airliner at Jun 3, 2008,
Quote by airliner
hello, my name is andrew. i recently got the ac30 custom classic head through recomendations of people from this very forum. im lovin it! but it has a lot of different tone possibilities, wich is great, but i need somewhere to start. what are your favorite eq settings for this amp? and does anyone know how to dial in a good 2nd led zeppelin album jimmy page sound? i know i dont have a supro, or a telecaster or whatever he used on that album, but im confident i can get that sound out . all help is greatly appreciated!

You're going to need a fuzz pedal to get that sound. The AC30 won't get it on it's own.

Here is what I am using on mine:
Volume:6-7 (yes, I play really loud)
Bright switch on
Inputs linked so normal and topboost both make up 1 sound
Normal channel with brilliance to about 4:30
Top Boost to about 7 (just for the edge) (the switch on top boost is set to vintage I think...)
Bass at 7
Treble at 6
The tone cut to about 4...

I don't have it sitting in front of me, but I think that is it.
Last edited by colin617 at Jun 3, 2008,