killsPEACHES
Banned
664 IQ
I have been getting into blues lately and want to know if anyone can recommend me some songs to learn, preferably on acoustic. I like slow, easy goin , laid back bluesy tunes. Slide songs are welcome also.

Lead Ninja
50 IQ
EC's Layla is a fairly laid back, fun song to play on acoustic (the acoustic version of course, not the Derek and the Dominoes version). Come on in My Kitchen by Robert Johnson is a slide track that is also relatively laid back.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Dark was the Night (Cold was the Ground) is my favorite slide song of all time. You should play that.
MrBlues
Feelin the Blues
155 IQ
Life by the Drop - SRV, if you want a generic slow 12 bar blues
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by MrBlues
Life by the Drop - SRV, if you want a generic slow 12 bar blues

I think that's a quick change song, in 4/4, if I'm not mistaken. Slow blues is generally written in 12/8.
MrBlues
Feelin the Blues
155 IQ
Quote by imgooley
I think that's a quick change song, in 4/4, if I'm not mistaken. Slow blues is generally written in 12/8.

Damn it, you are right... now i look lke an idiot, I thought it was slowish but i guess not as much as others, but the 12/8 things right. thanks for the correction
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
strawforest007
1,695 IQ
'Without You' by Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac is a superb 12 bar slow blues. Fun to play!
TedE
Chelt Munter
45 IQ
dude. Bring Me My Shotgun by Lightnin' Hopkins real blues. nice and slow.

and really just get any lightnin' hopkins! the album "mojo hand" 16,001 thumbs up!