Page 1 of 7
marathon2615
204 IQ
Which band or artist made you want to learn guitar? the one that started it all and you still love to listen to! mine is guns n roses. slash rocks!! lol so whos yours?
AA00P
87 IQ
Rob Arnold of Chimaira inspired me.
sacamano79
Fighter of the Nightman
2,222 IQ
Stratovarius
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
TomGates
117 IQ
after watching Metallica's one video 5 years ago. i wanted to play a guitar
Infamou$17
Is a Bills Backer
1,251 IQ
Jimi Hendrix made me want to pick it up and, oddly enough, less-talented guitarists(Isaac Brock, Jack Johnson, etc.) made me go acoustic.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
i_don't_know
Christmas reindeer FTW.
2,114 IQ
It's actually a little weird for me. It sort of all hit me at once. Two kids at my lunch table are in a band, and music is the main thing they talk about every single day. Then one of my friends got me into Muse, I listened to them for a while, then all of a sudden I remembered my dad had an acoustic laying around somewhere, and it was just like BOOM! REVELATION!. So I got it out, put on some new strings, tuned it, and it all began there.

So basically Muse is the simple answer, but also sort of indirectly the kids at my table.
Freaky_Styley
Ug's Maggot Brain
25 IQ
The Chili Peppers, hence the screen name too
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
bejaysus
12 IQ
The Libertines, only got into them just before they reunited, if it wasnt for them i wouldnt have played a gig last night, nor would my guitar be on my lap now..
DinkyDude
UG's ONLY Dinky Dude
84 IQ
This thread is done almost every other day!

Still, Angus Young. Actually Back in Black and Hells Bells
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
BFMV fan
average rock fan
354 IQ
Synyster Gates! from avenged sevenfold, the first time i heard the cool riffs and solos he played, i decided to pick up a guitar
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
AC/DC but I wasn't very motivated at first.....Then I heard Blackened by Metallica and something just clicked in my head and I had to play my guitar right then and that was about 2 or 3 years ago...
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Surfside
140 IQ
skynyrd
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
jfvela
370 IQ
I'd have to say that I was amazed by Jimmy Page and his amazing rock/blues sound and solos. Jimi Hendrix drove me crazy with his wahs, pull offs and hammer ons and Joe Satriani's melodies and kick ass riffs. Those three got me all hooked on the guitar.

I started with drums though, after listening to Danny Carey from Tool and Neil Peart from Rush.

And Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers is making me play the bass, but no money for bass guitar yet.
Underjoggle
Insane eyes
924 IQ
Deep Purple.
I played "Smoke On The Water" in Guitar Hero and thought, "Wow, this solo kicks ass." So then I went to Sam Ash and got me a git-box.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
ChicNStu0017
97 IQ
Daron Malakian of System of a Down. No fancy solos or anything, but after listening to their songs and hearing his riffs so many times I just decided "I want to do that".
neidnarb11890
so bored with the USA
270 IQ
I'd always wanted to play guitar since I was little. But it was Nirvana and Green Day who really made me get serious about playing, and trying to form a band.
I know, cliche, right?
Slaytanic1993
Wakka wakka
2,620 IQ
Watching Metallica live made me want to sing/play
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
andychalmers102
1,160 IQ
I was inspired just by hearing a guy in my local music store shredding like crazy.
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
IbanezACA
21 IQ
Megadeth - after hearing tornado of souls for the first time, phoaaaar!
Munchlaxatives
Penguin Cavalry
741 IQ
I've wanted to play guitar since before I can remember. Then I heard "Fade To Black" when I was 14 and that started my transformation from another hip hopper to a guitarist. No more than a week after I started working, I bought my first guitar and soon after I bought an amp and the very third thing I learned was the intro to One.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
3rdActguitarist
3,355 IQ
Originally Switchfoot, but more recently, Slayer, BFMV, my friends band Adopt The Plague (I want to be better than them)
tennisace
guitar shreddin roddick
457 IQ
originally, i was like, hey i want to play guitar. so i tried it a bit, then found Eric Clapton, and he influenced me to keep going and try a lot harder. so im still playing now because of Eric Clapton
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
rosemetal17
206 IQ
Kurt Cobain, loooooong time ago, took me 2 years to convince my mom to get me elec guitar...lol
break-me-in
can rhyme with purple.
979 IQ
No one band did it. I just listened to music and I thought: Being able to make those sounds would be kinda cool.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Gregfield
Master of Puppets
434 IQ
For me it was Metallica. When I saw James Hetfield and his Explorer on concert, then I thought "damn, I wanna be like him!"
Thrash till' death. Amen.
Helloween4Ever
Keeper of the Seven Keys
871 IQ
Nikki Sixx in dont go away mad made me want to get a bass
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm