Page 1 of 2
Her parents are moving to Brazil, her dad got a job there for humanitarian aid. We decided it would be the best for both of us to end our relationship. We were living together for the summer and for the uni, I had already bought the ring, I wanted to ask her to be my fiancé...

I'm crushed. I'm sorry to piss you off with my problems, but I had to let it out...
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Last edited by JeanMi36 at Jun 3, 2008,
Brazil's nice.. go to brazil too, find a good job, stock up the money, buy a house, invite her to live with you? *I know i think that everything in life's so easy...I'm just a kid :[*
sorry man, but "his dad"?
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Last.fm █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

"Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
Dude, that sucks. You should still propose to her. But wait till she's about to get on the plane, chase her down and give her the ring.

The greatest idea ever. Just don't be late.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by JeanMi36
Her parents are moving to Brazil, her dad got a job there for humanitarian aid. We decided it would be the best for both of us to end our relationship. We were living together for the summer and for the uni, I had already bought the ring, I wanted to ask her to be my fiancé...

I'm crushed. I'm sorry to piss you off with my problems, but I had to let it out...

You obviously didn't deserve her as a fiancé if you gave up that easily.
Quote by Patty-cakez
Brazil's nice.. go to brazil too, find a good job, stock up the money, buy a house, invite her to live with you? *I know i think that everything in life's so easy...I'm just a kid :[*

Yeah man he's right. Brazil is amazing. Where in Brazil? Cause if it's Floripa, then you should definitely go.
Quote by foob85
You're crushed? So are 6.5 billion other people.

Hey, don't be a dick.

That sucks. I would like to give you advice, but the only advice I can think of is 'go to Brazil'. It's got to be easy, right?
Quote by ratmblink123
Dude, that sucks. You should still propose to her. But wait till she's about to get on the plane, chase her down and give her the ring.

The greatest idea ever. Just don't be late.

do this
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by mdawg24
Yeah man he's right. Brazil is amazing. Where in Brazil? Cause if it's Floripa, then you should definitely go.

Brasilia area. I have to much engagements here to leave like that. I can't until the 4 next years...
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Wait, why does she have to go to Brazil too if she is in college?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Aww, I really feel bad for you. Sorry also if some people are a dick in this thread.

Anyways, who knows? Even though it might seem improbable, there might be a way. Don't give up.
don't give up on love that easily. if you have something good don't let it slip out of your hands.
Quote by JeanMi36

Have her stay and live with you?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Convince her that the life you two would live is worth the seperation from her parents.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Well if you were that serious about her, you would have followed, but oh well, plenty of other girls out there. If all else fails, the hand always helps the loneliness.
[ takes ][ makes ][ he's ] your fuck[ be strong ][ hate ] maroon 5. It's [[ fucking ]] pantera.
Quote by uhh_me?
don't give up on love that easily. if you have something good don't let it slip out of your hands.
Extra big for you, TS!
Quote by uhh_me?
Quote by The Madcap
Aww, I really feel bad for you. Sorry also if some people are a dick in this thread.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, I just find it silly that he would want her to be his fiancé, but when it comes to a difficulty, he says "Oh well" and lets it go.
Quote by Firequacker
Convince her that the life you two would live is worth the seperation from her parents.

I wish things would be that simple. She's 23 years old, she graduated in sociology, she has been hired on a study group there.

I changed majors, I don't speak portuguese, let alone learning it fast enough do go to school there. I got more than 40k bucks for my studies here. Profesionnal interests are in the way...
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Dude you were going to propose to this chick then she says she is leaving so you give up. FFS grow some balls and go get her. Clearly you love, or hang on don't you because you clearly will let her go. Use your brain and make sure you give it your best shoot.

Sorry bout being so harsh but man come and think.
The object of war isn't to die for your country it's to make the other bastard die for his.

New amp fund $51.53/$7000

Quote by j-e-f-f-e-r-s
If I'm in love, I use chloroform.

I know, I'm such an old-fashioned romantic.
Damn man, i normally read alot of people with the same problem, but not as far buying her a ring. You have my sympathies bro, stay strong
how long is she there for? is this study just for a few months? a year? until she leaves?
Quote by uhh_me?
how long is she there for? is this study just for a few months? a year? until she leaves?

First step of the study will last at least 6 months. Then the application phase will last a year and a half.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Dude keep the ring, the day of the flight get into a car and speed to the airport. Run through the terminal knock over several people, and as she is about to board the plane, get on one knee and give a moving speech/proposal.

If that doesn;t do it I don't know what would!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by JeanMi36
First step of the study will last at least 6 months. Then the application phase will last a year and a half.

That's 2 years,you said you had 40K,Idk how much studies are over there but if you were to see her once every 6 months,it'd be worth it.

Being in a long distance relationship is hard work,and you have to make sacrifices(I'm moving to be closer to my girlfriend,I really do love her a lot though) but in the end it's 2 years. If you're married you'll have (hopefully) 20 times that or more
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Dude keep the ring, the day of the flight get into a car and speed to the airport. Run through the terminal knock over several people, and as she is about to board the plane, get on one knee and give a moving speech/proposal.

Except you'd probably get tackled by an armed guard before you got to her, nowadays especially.
Quote by -Collapse-
Except you'd probably get tackled by an armed guard before you got to her, nowadays especially.

don't be such a downer!

He could be yelling " Its okay I'm going to propose, I'm not some crazy guy" as he knocks folks over. That makes it romantic not intentionally violent!
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

She's taking the plane in Toronto, we are at my parents place, in Saguenay, Québec. She's moving back with her parents in Ottawa. Saguenay to Toronto is a 12 hours ride. (Check a map.)
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

all the more reason she'll say yes, if she says no make her pay gas money
Quote by JeanMi36
She's taking the plane in Toronto, we are at my parents place, in Saguenay, Québec. She's moving back with her parents in Ottawa. Saguenay to Toronto is a 12 hours ride. (Check a map.)

If you both had a deep love for each other you wouldn't let this happen.
Don't let a good thing go without a fight.

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
all the more reason she'll say yes, if she says no make her pay gas money

This man speaks the truth.He's a smart guy
Wow, sounds like a lot of UGers have been watching chick flicks from the advice given haha
Idk if running down her plane would be the best of ideas... sounds great in movies, but real life is pretty different.

I totally get what you mean about your personal interests conflicting. What's her outlook on this? If it's for her personal best then you should let her go. Long distance relationships are hard but possible. She'll be gone two years to my understanding right? You could agree to temporarily seperate until she comes back and just both stay single, or if you're both comfortable with it, be in an open relationship. These two years may seem like a long time but if you're both mature enough to be considering marriage, then it could work.

Best of luck to you both and I hope you chose whats best for both of you individually AND as a couple. Things will work out.
Quote by coolestloser
Wow, sounds like a lot of UGers have been watching chick flicks from the advice given haha
Idk if running down her plane would be the best of ideas... sounds great in movies, but real life is pretty different.

I totally get what you mean about your personal interests conflicting. What's her outlook on this? If it's for her personal best then you should let her go. Long distance relationships are hard but possible. She'll be gone two years to my understanding right? You could agree to temporarily seperate until she comes back and just both stay single, or if you're both comfortable with it, be in an open relationship. These two years may seem like a long time but if you're both mature enough to be considering marriage, then it could work.

Best of luck to you both and I hope you chose whats best for both of you individually AND as a couple. Things will work out.

She's gone for at least two years. She had two options. Go there and have a job in her field of study, or stay here, and continue to work in a videoclub waiting for jobs in study groups for the canadian governement.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by coolestloser

pshhh...would hollywood lie?

thought so!

I win

Serious Advice: If you really love her, you;ll let her make her choice. Doesn't mean you can resort to swaying her, but how adamant was she about this Brazilian opportunity?
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
pshhh...would hollywood lie?

thought so!

I win

Serious Advice: If you really love her, you;ll let her make her choice. Doesn't mean you can resort to swaying her, but how adamant was she about this Brazilian opportunity?

She's crying like a maiden right now. But we always said that we wouldn't destroy our career dreams for our relationship, even if we loved each other to death. I told her that I didn't want to be a burden for her, she has to live her dreams, and she have the opportunity to do it. I might study a year in GreaT Britain next year, so the situation would have happened anyway.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Page 1 of 2