I have an LTD KH-202 with a licensed floyd rose trem, anyway it's always been that on the low e side of the trem, the baseplate is parallel to the body of the guitar like it should be, but on the high e side it is nowhere near parallel, it dips into the body as thought the springs on the back are pulling it too much. I was about to do a string changeover and was just wondering if this is normal or what? Given the extra tension put on by the heavier strings I don't know if it would even be possible to balance out the baseplate adjusting the springs from behind, but all the info on settings up floyd rose's I can find never mentions anything about it.

Thanks.
mine is the same way. i recently just noticed this as well, which is surprising because i did my own setup on the guitar. im going to adjust it and see what happens i highly doubt it will make a difference
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens~jimi hendrix

My Gear:
ESP kH-202
Crate FXT 120
yamaha 500(keyboard)
1967 fenderbandmaster halfstack
schecter c1 hollow body
Pedals:
original crybaby wah
flutter pedal
boss mt-2
Yes, you can even it out. Just take off the backplate. Then loosen the screw on the treble side of the spring claw a little bit, then retune. Only do a 1/4 at a time and it'll be parallel to the body in no time.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
raise the action on the high e side abou 2/3 of a turn and loosen the skrews in the back cavity a tiny bit like 1/8 turn per skrew
Are both bridge posts at the same height?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah they are. At the neck side, the baseplate is at the same height, then as you look down the baseplate it remains parallel with the body on the low e side but dips down on the high e side. Maybe I should add another spring on the low e side? It doesn't feel right to have the claw holding the springs on a huge angle.
Quote by Blackfox_
Yeah they are. At the neck side, the baseplate is at the same height, then as you look down the baseplate it remains parallel with the body on the low e side but dips down on the high e side. Maybe I should add another spring on the low e side? It doesn't feel right to have the claw holding the springs on a huge angle.

?

You got any pics....that doesn't actually sound possible unless the bridge is physically bent. If the bridge is straight across the posts the it'll be straight at the back too...either your action is mismatched or the knife-edges aren't correctly seated on the bridge posts.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Just lower the action on the bass side, or raise the action on the treble side, until it's level.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Well that's not really going to do anything.. i'm just going to leave it because I don't see how it can be easily fixed and it's no hassle having it like that.
Quote by Blackfox_
Well that's not really going to do anything.. i'm just going to leave it because I don't see how it can be easily fixed and it's no hassle having it like that.

It's not going to do anything other than fix it

the picture you posted clearly shows that one side is higher than the other. I can only see one of them but it looks like the knife edges are seated correctly on the bridge, if the knife edge on the treble side is correctly seated then only possible reason is that the action is mismatched, you either lower the treble side or raise the bass side. It's nothing to do with spring tension, the springs can't pull one side of the bridge down further unless they bend the bridge.

You seem to be almost disappointed that your "problem" isn't anywhere near as exciting as you wanted it to be...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 8, 2008,
Um? The action is the same on both sides from the neck side, then the bridge bends down on the treble side but stays parallel on the bass side. I'm not sure how hard it is for you to understand... I put up pictures and you still don't get it.
Quote by Blackfox_
Um? The action is the same on both sides from the neck side, then the bridge bends down on the treble side but stays parallel on the bass side. I'm not sure how hard it is for you to understand... I put up pictures and you still don't get it.

Have you actually tried adjusting the action? And how do you know it's "the same", are you just assuming it is because it kind of looks the same? The fact that the back of the trem is out of line suggests that it isn't perfectly level.

In all honesty your pictures weren't all that helpful seeing as you didn't include a picture of the potential problem area which is the treble side bridge post. However what you're describing isn't possible unless your bridge is actually bent, in which case you're pretty screwed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I just realised this is happening on my guitar as well. Not as extreme as in the case of the TS. Solved by about 2 turns of the umm... "action adjusting screws things that I don't know what they're called"
I can't really get any better pictures but they show what's happening.. this is the bridge side

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk106/_timphotos/KH-202/?action=view&current=DSC00342.jpg

You can see the action from the post is about i don't know, lets say 1mm and at the other end it's also the same, since the bridge is level.

I can't get a proper picture because of the knobs in the way so the angle is deceptive but the bridge action is at the same height (maybe .1mm out or something minor, but nothing noticeable) and then it drops off heavily. I think as well because of the angle the baseplate is sitting on it makes it appear higher at the bridge side.

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk106/_timphotos/KH-202/?action=view&current=DSC00343.jpg

I actually reset my action much lower and used a pick to slide between the baseplate and body to try and get exactly the same action on each side, the treble side actually doesn't dip anywhere near as much with the overall action lower but there is still a slight angle.