Whats Chords can I use with this Scale?

Eb-E-G-A-B-D
Last edited by newguitars08 at Jun 4, 2008,
I think he means the notes listed above.

Honestly, newguitars08, not sure. Never seen a scale like that before. Beyond a Eb for the first note, not sure wat to use. None of the other notes really go in the normal intervals off of that Eb. A puzzler there.
What are those intervals? I'm still pretty new to theory this is what i got.
Don't laugh at me i've had a lot crammed into my head lately its hard to balance theory study with school and stuff.

1-2b-3-5-6-7
Quote by HighPotency
Don't laugh at me i've had a lot crammed into my head lately its hard to balance theory study with school and stuff.

1-2b-3-5-6-7

Well assuming it's root is Eb (D#) then the major scale would be... Eb F G Ab Bb C D

Thus as best I can figure out, the intervals are 1 2b 3 4# 5# 7... In otherwords... HUH?!

He's also missing a note, there are only 6.
Quote by newguitars08
The mystery scale starts over at D. 2nd octave starts at Eb

Uh. Where did you come across this?

It's not a scale whatever it is. Not to mention, a scale starts on the same note no matter the octave. You're not going to start on D for one octave and D# the next, that would change the root note and thus the key.
Quote by newguitars08
Think modal but not standard..

This has nothing to do with modes as far as I can tell, modes are scales too and follow the same rules - every octave starts on the same note. Whatever it is it's not really a scale derived directly from the major scale or modal system because it has 3 sequential half steps. If you've got a question then ask it, don't go posting riddles, you're just going to piss people off and that's not a good idea whan you've only just got here.

In short, I have no idea what you're on about, and neither will any of the MT regulars.

Except possibly Ordinary
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 4, 2008,

The neatral penta with an insert option note (Eb)

if you start from the A note..you'll see it

Bmaj

or this chord

--x--------
--x--------
--------2--
----1-------
--------2--
--0--------

with this riff

if you see it like this...it's just the Blues veriation 1 in E..there's option notes
for the b5 or b7, but you don't have to play those swing notes all the time.
In this case the option note is the Eb as the 7th
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
-------2---0---------------------------
----------------2-1-0------------------
-------------------------2---0----------
---------------------------------3---0
Last edited by Ordinary at Jun 4, 2008,
^I'm sorry but I have no idea what your going on about. What is a neutral penta?
Quote by Talusan
1 2b 3 4# 5# 7... In otherwords... HUH?!

He's also missing a note, there are only 6.
I was going to say the scale should look more like this, 1 2b 3 b5 b6 7? But the major third would usually mean the fifth is sharpened, not flattened...

To T/S
If anything, augmented chords would work under it.
a neutral pentatonic scale is 1,2,4,5,b7

play it in this order...A,B,D,E,G...less the Eb...insert the Eb for an swing/option note.

Obviously if I came up with a sort of E minor pentatonic (blues veriation 1)with an insert 7th an inversion of that is a major pentatonic.

I guess you can play Emin or Gmaj chord

Maj bebop has a b6 as a swing note.

Yeap a G augment would work

or if you wanna do it from the Eb

-----x---------------
-----x----------8-----
-----x------7----------
-----x--------------9--
-----6----------------
-------------------------

you don't see D,Eb,E ????

If you remove the Eb note ,it's just E minor pentatonic
Last edited by Ordinary at Jun 4, 2008,
Quote by HighPotency

1-2b-3-5-6-7

yeah bull****...

well its just e minor pentattonic with an optional sharp seventh depends whether u want bm or b
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

If you changed that D note to a C#, and made the root E instead of D#, you could call it E Harmonic Minor (which looks like this if spelled out intervallicaly: 1 b2 b3 4 5 6 b7).
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
If you added an Ab (I think it would be better to it being G# and D#) it would be the Persian scale...

D# E G G# A B D

If you added a C# it would be the Enigmatic (or whatever it is called) scale...

But I don't think it is a known scale just as it is...
Quote by demonofthenight
What is a neutral penta?
Damn, dude, you just got pwned by Ordinary.

TS, how are you using that scale? You could easily consider the scale to be E neutral pentatonic with a chromatic D# passing tone. You would then form chords ignoring the D# note.