Page 1 of 2
Hi all.

While trying to balance guitar/work/college, I find that I barely get any sleep and it's really hard to stay awake. For about a month now I have been drinking a lot of energy drinks (i.e. Rockstar, Monster, Red Bull, ect). Within the last 1-2 days, I have this sharp shooting pain in the side of my lowest stomach (kidney area).

I don't know what it is, but it's starting to hurt a lot more. Do you think it's the energy drinks taking effect on me? If it doesn't get better in the next few days, it might be time to go to the doctor I think...

What do you think?

-boo
They're one of the worst things you can consume.

Go to the doctor, kidney failure is lame.
In the Oven:

18 Watt!
I can think of a million things I would rather put in my body then a rockstar. Drink some strong tea if you need to stay awake
I drank bout 4-6 pops a day for while durin this last college year. Then I went to the doctor and they said I have high blood pressure. It's still high and I'm only consumin 1 a day on average now. So, too much caffeine equals health problems. Be careful, man.
Kidney failure indeed.

You should definitely stop drinking energy drinks, let alone anything carbonated. You will feel a LOT better, once you cover the whole get-more-sleep issue, as well.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
yeah cut the energy drinks and get some real sleep if possible if it doesnt get better go to the doctor
next time u drink energy drinks look for zipp fizz. I used to b a really heavy monster drinker and it totaly f***ed with my body cuz of all the crap in it. Zip Fizz is a lot healthier cuz its one of those energy drinks that uses vitamins to increase energy. However, this drink actually works, unlike 5 hour energy wich uses the same idea. It keeps me at a nice energy level all day with out screwing with my head
You could have a kidney stone. Energy drinks are bad for you. Deliciously bad for you.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
those things are terrible. since youre in coillege this is a legit question: have you been drinking alot lately?
if not then it could be the drinks, especially if you werent used to any caffine before that. putting ANYTHING in large amounts really fast, alot, out of no where will usually have some sort of negative effect on ones body.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
drink some water. you might have kidneystones or something, but ur probly not getting enough water
Tea makes me fall asleep, coffee makes me slightly more alert. Energy drinks help me but don't make me hyper. Your kidney probably is having an overload of unnecessary toxins and crap from them. I suggest drinking water for a while, until the pain goes away. Stay away from booze and energy drinks, and soda if you can. Don't drink diet.
energy drinks are not a substitute for good food or sleep.

drop the red bull, buy yourself a t-bone and some roasted potatoes, and get some shut eye.

the pain in your side could be a kidney stone. nothing threatening but it'll certaionly be painful :O
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by The*Music*Man
those things are terrible. since youre in coillege this is a legit question: have you been drinking alot lately?
if not then it could be the drinks, especially if you werent used to any caffine before that. putting ANYTHING in large amounts really fast, alot, out of no where will usually have some sort of negative effect on ones body.

Yea, I don't consume any alcohol.
Quote by babyboo666
Yea, I don't consume any alcohol.

ok. it may not be the drinks though. you dont need to jump to that conclusion, however, it is possible. there arent 'TOXINS' in them, they just really **** with your body's chemistry and chemical balances. get some good food and sleep and coffee if you need caffine. bestcoffeebymail.com has great coffee MmmmMMmm i love the stuff!!
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Guns_roses is right, I have had that before, just start drinking a few cups of water a day, and lay off the caffine.
ive had a constant supply of monster in my body for about a year and a half now. ive been drinking booze for longer and more of it, so the pain in my liver is greater than anything else that might be going on.

i quit alcohol like a month or so ago, much easier than you might think, kept up the monster and havent had any issues behind metabolism issues. it could be just about anything other than the energy drinks thats causing your problems
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Kidney stones. Drink lots of water.

Don't be surprised if your piss burns and your dick feels like it has a cramp, and then you feel like you piss out a fireball the size of a truck, only to find a small deposit no bigger the hole in your penis. Kidney stones suck...... I've had three. Needless to say I drink LOTS more water now.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Last edited by Just_a_picker at Jun 4, 2008,
Quote by Just_a_picker
Kidney stones. Drink lots of water.

Don't be surprised if your piss burns and your dick feels like it has a cramp, and then you feel like you piss out a fireball the size of a truck, only to find a small deposit no bigger the hole in your penis. Kidney stones suck...... I've had three. Needless to say I drink LOTS more water now.

+1
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

I've only ever had one sip of an energy drink. It's so loaded with garbage it grosses me out. Coffee is more of a natural stimulant so stick with that.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Yeah thats the energy drinks. I used to be addicted to Red Rooster (the cheap version of red bull) and I got practically no sleep, and was depressed for a lot of the time. Try cut off the energy drinks (I know it's hard), and go to a doctor.

Now, with the help of several friends, I'm down to only about 2 litres a week.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
no energy drink has ever had any effect on my energy.

its all bull****.

although i do love full throttle.

they dont do anything though.
Quote by apod44
no energy drink has ever had any effect on my energy.

its all bull****.

although i do love full throttle.

they dont do anything though.

They seem like they don't do anything because caffeine tolerance is easier to pick up than a 20p hooker with no legs.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They seem like they don't do anything because caffeine tolerance is easier to pick up than a 20p hooker with no legs.

lol.

i mean.

i barely drink caffienated stuff...

so i have to doubt that..

i think they just dont work.
Quote by apod44
lol.

i mean.

i barely drink caffienated stuff...

so i have to doubt that..

i think they just dont work.

You can become tolerant to caffeine within a matter of days. And caffeine doesn't "not work." It's a rather strong stimulant. But it doesn't make you hyper hyper on one can (unless you have mad sensitivity).
Quote by metaldud536
Ouch. THat means I could die if I drank one lol.

Drink one plz.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
relentless makes me feel ill.

red bull doesn't. it only does sometimes if i haven't eaten anything and i've left it go pretty warm.

when it makes me ill, it isn't terrible, i just drink juice for a while and it goes.
i suppose you're right.

i'm just not sensitive to it then..

would that be more correct?

lol
Quote by boreamor

I've been drinking these things faithfully for a school year now because I'm a slight Insomniac...

THERE IS NO GOD!

Idiot.
Quote by boreamor

I've been drinking these things faithfully for a school year now because I'm a slight Insomniac...

THERE IS NO GOD!

How slight is your insomnia, and have you actually been diagnosed with it? A lot of people think they have insomnia when they really don't.

EDIT: And your consumption of energy drinks could actually be prolonging your "insomnia"
Don't listen to them, energy drinks make you a smarter, stronger, faster, nicer, all around better person.
Quote by Brain245
Don't listen to them, energy drinks make you a smarter, stronger, faster, nicer, all around better person.

You are dumber than Kanye West.

The only healthy way to deal with it is restructure your life so you have time for more sleep. Pumping your body full of chemicals isn't the way to deal with it. And yes, energy drinks are awful. They can cause cardiac episodes if consumed in high volume.
Hi, I'm Peter
Page 1 of 2