I was wondering what is considered the best hard/classic rock amp with a good amount of crunchiness. I was gonna say Vox AC30 or Maybe some marshall. Some of these can be hard to come by and i was wondering what would be the best representaion of some of them? Im looking for under a thousand. COmbo for under a thousand or a head under 700 to combensate for a cab.

I have already looked at ceriatone which looked good and Also the orange tiny terror, egnater rebel (looks amazing) and the vox ac15. What would you guys say?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
the peavey windsor does a great AC/DC crunch for about 400 dollars U.S

the best crunch amp ever imo would have to be a plexi probably a 87x a 59slp or superlead 100
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jun 4, 2008,
if you don't mind going solid state, the orange Crush 30R has some awesome crunch and the reverb is amazing.
fiend I respect your opinion but the crush will NOT be a good amp for him. OK for practice but nothing else + they're overpriced
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I didnt really like the windsor because i want some sort of clean and why would i go with the crush if i put the tiny terror up there? Also i dont like metal one bit so i dont need gain up to there. Though i understand some of the good crunch amps can get to metal.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by dzaerpoor
I didnt really like the windsor because i want some sort of clean and why would i go with the crush if i put the tiny terror up there? Also i dont like metal one bit so i dont need gain up to there. Though i understand some of the good crunch amps can get to metal.

I understand where your coming from. I actually really don't like metal but it was almost perfect for my needs, meaning a nice crunch sound and a good blues sounds to.

the tiny terror would be a great amp for you also

and if you wanna shell out a bit more the ceriatone plexi will give you everything you want and more

personally it doesn't sound like a vox is for you though
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I want to say that you can get a Ceriatone JTM45 combo sub $1000. Not 100% sure, though.

Also, look into a used Fender 59 Bassman or a used Engl Screamer.
Quote by colin617
I want to say that you can get a Ceriatone JTM45 combo sub $1000. Not 100% sure, though.

Also, look into a used Fender 59 Bassman or a used Engl Screamer.

yah the 18w combo is like 600 bucks.

I don't think the bassman is for him though. not "crunchy" enough. but he might like it.

the engl might bea good choice if he can find one
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Lol, i'm looking into a windsor head.
What else could it do?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
how much is the engl? Right now I want the egnater rebel the most but I'm also looking at the ceriatone second most
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
For classic rock crunch, you'll want a nice el34 or el84 driven amp. Try to shy away from 6l6's because they have a lot of headroom compared to the el's. Meaning that the el's will break up a lot sooner, resulting in some nice crunch.

This would do nicely.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Classic-30-Head-Tube-Amp-?sku=481019
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by beckyjc
Orange R30, doesnt pack much gain, but its the best crunch ive heard.

agreed I didn't recommend it cause it's like 2000 bucks isn't it.

and darkarbiter

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875901
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by fiend89
if you don't mind going solid state, the orange Crush 30R has some awesome crunch and the reverb is amazing.

I wouldn't listen to this guy if I were you TS
Quote by fiend89

GTFO.

Marshall JCM800 or Orange Rocker 30.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Is a TT a good representaion of a R30? and are the ceriatone JCM 800 good representations of the marshalls?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
a marshall plexi or a marshall JCM800 win hands down, but like you said those are hard to come by.

a lot of people on here will tell u that a traynor can come very close to duplicating the sound of those old marshall's for a fraction of the price. check'em out.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
the rocker 30 is around 1,300 USD.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I want to look into getting a windsor.
But, I get too many mixed reviews.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I have an orange rocker 30 and a les paul and it gives me the god damn best crunch ever. I have also tried the JCM with it and the orange rocker 30 outplays the JCM.