I have recently spent some time in Graz, visiting my friends and playing with the orchestra. I've met a lot of bass players there and noticed that a lot of them were talking about Le Fay basses. I was intrigued by that, so I went of and found some La Fay basses in a shop in Graz. I played a few and must say that they are really some of the best basses in the world.

Here is a link to the site: Le Fay
Share your thoughts and maybe even experience with this great bass.

It's in German. Click on Instrumente. The first sub-link are soundclips.
The jazz student
I think the Midas and Herr Shwarz look verrry nice

The Waran is nice too but I don't really like basses that look like they could stab people.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

does the fretless ACTUALLY have a steel fretboard?

Unless my college German has gone completely out the window, yes it has "highly polished high grade steel" fretboard on a padouak neck.

Interesting looking basses though, but their names could have been a bit better for their models.
Quote by anarkee
Unless my college German has gone completely out the window, yes it has "highly polished high grade steel" fretboard on a padouak neck.

Interesting looking basses though, but their names could have been a bit better for their models.

Remind me never to get a steel fingerboard. The tone on those fretless soundclips sounds dull and uninspiring.