anyone know any good drum modules/plugins like ezdrummer and bfd worth looking into? i need acoustic drums for my demo songs, etc... possibly rtas plugins too, also are there any education discounts for it?
cheers and any help would be much appreciated
thanx
Gear: MBOX 2 w/ Pro Tools LE 8, Yamaha PSR-275 Keyboard, Apple iMac, Rode M1 Dynamic Mic, Legacy Axis 6 Studio Condenser Mic, Peavey Studio Pro 112, JTS NX-2 Kick Drum Mic, Ibanez SAS36FM, Greg Bennett Fairlane Bass, Squier Bullet Strat.
I use the Drumkit from hell plugin for EZdrummer for pretty much all of my sequenced work, it's a pretty versatile kit which has far too many sounds for it's own good
does anyone know if battery's any good? i tried the demo and it didnt really live up to what i thought it'd be like but i could have done something wrong with the midi... i just exported a guitar pro tab drums to midi and sampled it with battery, could that be why i got a fake sound?
where would i get realistic midi drums to use with battery from if i did buy it?
Gear: MBOX 2 w/ Pro Tools LE 8, Yamaha PSR-275 Keyboard, Apple iMac, Rode M1 Dynamic Mic, Legacy Axis 6 Studio Condenser Mic, Peavey Studio Pro 112, JTS NX-2 Kick Drum Mic, Ibanez SAS36FM, Greg Bennett Fairlane Bass, Squier Bullet Strat.
For realistic drums your really have to buy something that's made to recreate acoustic drums. I've yet to see/hear anything that can mimic the sample depth of BFD, EZDrummer or Addictive Drums that's being offered for free. Personally I think that Battery is geared more towards electronic/industrial-type drums but I'm sure there are decent acoustic kits for it. That said, if you haven't programmed the variety, both in regards to timing/tempo and dynamics, you won't get a realistic sound no matter how good your software.