Hi,

I have an acoustic band in Hungary (2 acoustic guitars, 1 singer), called Acoustic Project. We're doing covers (Simple Plan, American Hi-Fi, Sevage Garden, Eagle Eye Cherry, 3 Doors Down, ect...) but want to do own song too. We're doing 2-4 gigs a week, mainly in pubs.

We need a creative SONGWRITER/COMPOSER to write lyrics and melody (basic chord progresson for the song too) in alternative/indie/rock style. We'd like to see some HIT songs, even if they are a bit chliché.

I thought about something simple but very catchy and well-stuctured HIT what everybody will sing allday long after first listening , something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqxGpK0vM7o

Thank you in advance for your help !

ps.: I'm new to this great forum, hi to all (and sorry for my bad english)
Dude seriously,, try to do your own stuff man! it's cool that you play that many bands and all but hey,,, why do you think we would want to write a hit FOR you???
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
Well, obviously I do not speak english good enough to write a catchy song. Second, I'm quite good at guitar but really suck at writing lyrics.

"why the hell would you WANT to cover simple plan?" - audience loves it and so do I (some of their songs, eg. welcome to my life)

"why do you think we would want to write a hit FOR you???" - If I were a good songwriter (with less singing and guitar talent) and YOU would ask me to do it, I'd be great to have someone to perform my songs on radio and tv channels, gigging and putting them on a record. But probably it's just me...

To be honest I did not exactly expect that many really helpful answers...
^ You're going to need to be able to sign all the legal contracts saying that you'll say their name loud and clear and give links to how to know more about whoever writes the songs though. Or pay. No one would do it otherwise.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by Benedek
Well, obviously I do not speak english good enough to write a catchy song. Second, I'm quite good at guitar but really suck at writing lyrics.

"why the hell would you WANT to cover simple plan?" - audience loves it and so do I (some of their songs, eg. welcome to my life)

"why do you think we would want to write a hit FOR you???" - If I were a good songwriter (with less singing and guitar talent) and YOU would ask me to do it, I'd be great to have someone to perform my songs on radio and tv channels, gigging and putting them on a record. But probably it's just me...

To be honest I did not exactly expect that many really helpful answers...

I have a lot of songs written, just not put into anything really. I would like to hear what you guys sound like before I just give it over to you rather than someone else you know? Record something with vocals and guitars then maybe we can talk, only downer is you do not have a drummer and a lot of my stuff needs that I think.
I have a lot of songs written, just not put into anything really. I would like to hear what you guys sound like before I just give it over to you rather than someone else you know? Record something with vocals and guitars then maybe we can talk, only downer is you do not have a drummer and a lot of my stuff needs that I think.

Sure thing, thank you for your input !

Feel free to download 3 tracks in a RAR file which we made a long time ago (really bad quality and performance, lots of improvements since than):

http://oreni.extra.hu/jelentkezes.rar