any tips or lessons you can suggest for a technical METAL sounding solos?
thanks!
One good way is to take phrasing/pattern ideas from solos you already like.

You can then use a completely different set of notes and use it into different keys to make it your own.

Combine different patterns from different guitarists, mix them together and add your own twist and you'll soon develop your own style of playing.
Quote by Martindecorum
practice scales, then increase the tempo,

if you wanna sound like any other shredder who does scale wankery, sure go ahead.

just play, your ears will find notes that resolve so when you play you can find these notes. when you get more advanced you can learn to figure out these notes yourself.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by aradine
if you wanna sound like any other shredder who does scale wankery, sure go ahead.

just play, your ears will find notes that resolve so when you play you can find these notes. when you get more advanced you can learn to figure out these notes yourself.

its just basic learning really, not "scale wankery" you still need to learn at least a few scales so than ur not just blurting out randon notes while improvising

Edit: also ur name suggest ur a lil shredder, plus in all three of ur songs ur just doing scales so dont contradict urself
Last edited by Martindecorum at Jun 4, 2008,
When you play dont you hear in your head what a solo should be like?

If so, just try to play that, i do.
^+1 for melodic control
Quote by Martindecorum
Edit: also ur name suggest ur a lil shredder, plus in all three of ur songs ur just doing scales so dont contradict urself
Posts like that will get you reported here. I'm sick of retards thinking this is /b/ or the pit and acting like pubescent school boys. You think people in MT are going to think your cool because you insulted someone?

To T/S
I dont know too much about technical death metal. I think its mostly based around weird key signatures and modal progressions using harmonic and melodic minor scales. Learn which beats are stressed and unstressed in the different time signatures your using. And learn how to visualise the modes of the harmonic minor scale and learn their formulas.

EDIT: oops, I meant time signatures, not key signatures.
Last edited by demonofthenight at Jun 4, 2008,
How will that get reported, when basically u just did the same thing,

Edit: also i never called him a name except for lil shredder, and all i said was that u contradict urself

u used, the word retard and pubescent school boy so for that im reporting u
Last edited by Martindecorum at Jun 4, 2008,
^you've just wasted an angry mods time, and you alerted him/her to your own insulting posts (which cant be deleted, as I've quoted them) and your spam posts. Think before you act.
Quote by Martindecorum
How will that get reported, when basically u just did the same thing,
Your insulting a person. I'm insulting a general mentallity. A very big difference.

And now your trying to start an argument.

EDIT: To T/S
I forgot to ask, whats going through your head when you try to improvise?
Last edited by demonofthenight at Jun 4, 2008,
Quote by demonofthenight
^you've just wasted an angry mods time, and you alerted him/her to your own insulting posts (which cant be deleted, as I've quoted them) and your spam posts. Think before you act.Your insulting a person. I'm insulting a general mentallity. A very big difference.

And now your trying to start an argument.

EDIT: To T/S
I forgot to ask, whats going through your head when you try to improvise?

Im not trying to start one, as there was no means of starting an argument until u came along flaming people in general is still classified as flaming,
Quote by aradine

How hypocritical of you to say :] !
Quote by metal.toto
any tips or lessons you can suggest for a technical METAL sounding solos?
thanks!

Learn some "technical METAL" sounding solos.

find a solo you like...... learn it, memorize it, play it as close to the original as you can.
confine yourself to one note for about 30mins to an hour. play it in different rhythms.

then move to two notes, practice going between the two in as many ways as you can come up with.

expand from there. it's all about the phrasing practice.

and yes listen to your favorite solos, listen to how the guitarist divides the beat, plays against the beat, phrases things, etc.